Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Rules of Life

As I was helping my wife searching for her Medical references in our store room last night, I came across a pale light blue coloured book titled The Rules of Life written by Richard Templar. For some strange reason, I took it aside and started flipping one page after another. And for the same reason, I stopped helping out wifey in searching for her book and I started reading it.

I was so engrossed with it that I read till I fell asleep. This morning, after my customary 30 minutes early morning walk, I pick up the book and continue reading. I really like what Richard was trying to say about being ourselves and how we can better ourselves. Most of the things that he wrote is not rocket science and is not something that we don't know. It's about being true to ourselves and be happy with ourselves, with our family, with our jobs, with our surrounding and the world in general.

A quick glance at amazon's website showed that the book is priced at only GBP11.55. Bloody cheap for such a great book. I would recommend this book to be read by each and everyone of us!!! Most of us are trying hard to be someone that we are not and this book showed me something that I can relate to what I have around me.

Sometimes, things happen for a reason, and for some strange reason I found the book in the store. I really don't know who bought it in the first place but I'm thankful that I found it and took the effort to read it. Obviously I have not read the book until the last page but will surely read it after coming home from work later today....

I really liked the way he said the first of rule of life is about keeping things under your hat. What does he mean by that? Well....Read the book and you'll understand it....

Have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment