Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jakarta Tour...Part II

Wow...it took me what....2 weeks to actually decide to write on my Jakarta/Bogor Golf Tour...

Anyways, after a hectic day in Jakarta and watching the might Germans crushed the English, it was nice to go back to the room and sleep. One thing about me is, I found it difficult to sleep in a new place. It happens every time whenever I travel (as if I travel a lot). Sometimes, I wonder, how do the pilots and air stewards or stewardess manage to sleep in different hotels so often cause I just can't.

Woke up at 530am local time and met the rest of the boys at the lobby. We head straight to Klub Golf Bogor Raya. The club's website is pretty lame but in reality, I must say that it's a beautiful place. Big clubhouse. Nice eatting place and the locker rooms, wow......just magnificent. If I were to compare it with our local clubs, man....it will take us years to even compete with them. The staff were very helpful and the registration process were a breeze. We had a quick breakfast at the snack bar and off we go for the game.

The course, is relatively flat. But I found it difficult at the same time. The weather was very good to us. I played quite ok, not wonderful but we enjoyed ourselves. I think my score that day was 92. Oklah for a first timer. The game ended at about 11am and after a quick lunch we head to another golf course which took us about 20-30 minutes drive.

Klub Golf Permata Sentul is another golf course that is quite famous with Malaysian golfers. I really wonder why. We even met a bus load of malaysian golfers at the club. The clubhouse looks pretty old school. It's an old club I think. The lady at the registration wasn't that helpful. Maybe she was having some problems with her husband the night before. That explains why she was so bloody moody and arrogant. Perhaps, she found it difficult to communicate with a japanese who speaks very little english. Her english wasn't that great either. ....

The golf course reminds me a lot of Gunung Geulis. I went to Gunung Geulis once in 2008. I hated it as it was hilly with small greens. The weather on that day was super hot. I struggled during my first nine which I scored 12 over or something like that. But my game really improved on the 2nd nine where I shot only 2 over. Not bad for a first timer eh?. We finished the game close to about 7pm and it was almost super dark. In fact, when we drove our buggy to the clubhouse, it was already dark and it was creepy. Hehehehe. We didn't spend a lot of time at the club after the game as we wanted to have dinner at a place nearby our hotel. So off we went to De Luite (I think). It serves sundanese food. I must confess, I ate like a hungry horse. It's been awhile that I ate something like that but the food was super delicious. And it's cheap too....It was so good that we had to go there again the next day!!! Hahahaha

After 36 holes of golf and a nice dinner, all of us were pretty tired and knackered. Dinner ended close to 10pm and we decided to call it a day. Hectic but fun day. Wake up, play golf, eat and sleep. That is what life should be lah....hahahaha.....

End of part II

No comments:

Post a Comment