Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jakarta/Bogor Golf Tour 2010-Part 1

THe last time I went for a golfing trip in Indonesia was in November 2008. That time I went to Bandung and had a good time.

Why play golf in INdonesia instead of playing in courses back home? I could only answer this....

- The courses that we played were very well maintained.
- The greens were super-fast & consistent
- Beautiful landscaped courses!
- For the amount of money we pay, we can't even get a fraction of what the courses in Bogor offered to us if we were to pay the same amount of money in KL!!
- The bunkers were like sands imported from Pebble Beach....hahahaha....
- The cooling weather....
- The reasonable green fees
- top notch customer service
- good locker rooms (they even clean your shoes....heheh)

There are other reasons obviously...but...those were some points that I think are important to me....

ANyhoos...I went there last Sunday (27th June 2010) together with my other golf kakis that I met thru kakigolf.com. Unfortunately, I had to fly alone as the 3 of them were already there since the previous day. My day started at about 4.00am. Left the house at 4.30am and reached LCCT at about 530am due to heavy rain along the way. Upon reaching LCCT, there was bad traffic. Especially at the drop-off point near Departure Hall. Denggg. So I gotta walked. I knew and realised that I was late. Hahahaha. I wanted to checked in and I only saw 4 check-in counter for all Indonesia bound flights. Imagine that. My flight is at 7 and at 6am I've yet to checked-in. I only managed to checked at about 20 minutes past six and I have to practically run/jog to the gate. Yep!! I didn't manage to get any breakfast as I was late. Next time, I gotta make sure that I'll leave the house at 4am!!


Managed to get in the plane in time as I was the last one in!! Hehehe. Uneventful flight I must say. Reached Jakarta airport at about 930am local time. Straight away get a cab and head towards Ibis Slipi Hotel where all my friends stayed for the night...After a quick breakfast....all of us head towards Bumi Serpong Damai to play at the Damai Indah Golf club. We were supposed to play at Royale Jakarta but was cancelled at the last minute. It took us at about an hour plus to reach the place.

Upon reaching the place, we head straight to the locker rooms to change and then head straight to the starter. For me, I think this is the loveliest course I ever seen especially when you stand at the Starter. It's a good course. I enjoyed it although I've never play here before. My score wasn't great but I really liked the course. Very well maintained and the greens were consistent!! I scored 94 for the first game for the tour. Too many double boogies and I guess I have a serious problem in teeing off!! Denngggg

After game, we unwind at the club house and had dinner. THe spaghetti tastes good and after all, although I played badly, I did win some money!! Hahahaha.

We then had our shower and left the club towards Bogor. Guess what, it took us almost 3 bloody hours to reach a place that is only 60kms away. It's crazy lah. The traffic here is a madness, I must say!! On this part alone, I am very thankful that I live in KL. Heheheh

I think, we reached our hotel in Bogor close to 8pm local time. Have to be frank though, all of us were quite tired so upon reaching the place, we checked in and met again at the bar in the hotel to watch the Germany vs England game. Ingurrlund lost and what a way to end a fantastic in Bogor.




end of part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment