Friday, January 2, 2009

200 balls and sand wedge....

I had the opportunity to go the driving range today. You know, one of my passion in life is golf. I love the game but at times, golf can be a frustrating game to me. So earlier today, with the missus off to do her study group, I took the opportunity to hit the range and meet a friend of mine, Kelv, whom I consider a pro (but he is not, heheheh). I need to improve on my short game. I mean, really improve. I have the tendency to play very bad short games everytime I hit the fairway. Especially within the 100 meters distance. So today, I hit about 200 balls of short game and use my sand wedge to fine tune my game. With the help of Kelv, I hope to improve a little by little. Just like any other things in life, my golf need to improve a little by little. Well, the fact that I started playing in 2007, I consider myself a beginner of the game. So I can't expect much, can I?

By the way, since I broke my 8-Iron the other day, I need Kelv to help me to fix it. I was thinking of replacing the 8-iron shaft but decided to change all the iron clubs (the shafts) that I have. Hah!!!....So I spent RM400 for the shafts today. Huhu....But it's ok. To be good at something, there must be an element of sacrifice eh? Am I right? So that Rm400 I consider to be an investment for me to improve my game further. In my earlier blogs, I did say that I want to play as a 12-handicapper consistently. So, I guess, I'm working the plan that I planned earlier. In other words, once you planned something, it is important that you stick to it. It doesn't matter if you achieve it at the end of the day, but what matters is you try. Trying is much better than doing nothing.

Hrmmm...during my way back from Sunway extreme park, there was quite a traffic near the Sunway junction. So, there I was wondering again. Hehehe. What did I wonder this time? Well, it's just a simple thing really. I was just thinking about the money in my wallet. I think, I have about RM300 in my wallet. I'm thinking, what will happen to that RM300 if I don't spend it. Hrmmm...will it grow in value? Or will it lose its value overtime? Does RM1 today carries the same value as RM1 in a month's time? Or does RM1 todays carries the same value as last month's RM1? What if, that RM300 that I have with me now, were to be bank-in into my ASB accounts. Will it grow in value? I don't know really, but what I do know is, at the end of the year, there's a dividend waiting to be given on that RM300. Maybe RM30 worth of dividend, am I right? But, on the other hand, if stays in my wallet, what will happen to it? Obviously, I will spend it to buy foods or whatsoever. Perhaps, just maybe, I will put half of this RM300 in my ASB and spend another half. Sounds good eh?

On my way back, I saw a lot of low cost flats that is situated parallel with the NPE. Perhaps, one of these days, I will go there and see if there's any units up for sale or auction. Anyway, later tonight, myself and ippo will start our 'Step 2' project. Myself and ippo, we have a common goal? Our goal is to maximize our ASB mark towards RM100,000 before Dec 09. Can it be done? Errrrmmm......What is my 'Step 2' project anyway?......


Have a nice day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment