Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CNY 09

I had a quite interesting Chinese New Year break this year.

I started the long weekend with a quick drive to Ramal Junction in Kajang to pass both contracts of my recently bought flats to a fellow biker friend. Well, it's not a quick drive actually as I made a mistake using the MRR2 from Sg Buloh to Bangi. It took me about an hour's drive perhaps more to reach Kajang. Anyway, this friend of mine can be considered an expert in investment properties and I need his services in repairing my two flats so that I can rent it out soon as possible.

I was made to understand that both flats need to have some sort of a major repair. For example, the flat in Kota Damansara need to install the grills, wiring, fan, lights, etc...Kind of a major repair but that's ok. A quick chat with some of the tenants that stayed there, level 5's rental rate should be about RM350-RM380. I think, the place should be ready for rental earliest middle of February.

For the flat in Bandar Sri Damansara, it's even worse. There are no doors, no wiring, sockets gone, etc...etc....Hrmm...not to worry, I'll repair it untill it looks like a newly built unit.

So what I need to do is call the bank tomorrow for the loan as well as look for a suitable law firm to transfer the flats under my name. Then perhaps, I will for my friend's advise for the reconnection of the water and electricity for both flats.

For the time being maybe perhaps for the next 3 months or so, I will monitor the development closely and if everything goes well, maybe, just maybe, I'll continue getting another or maybe 2 flats before the end of the year.

Have a nice day.......





No comments:

Post a Comment