Saturday, January 17, 2009

Auction...and 98!!

Had an interesting day today. Earlier this morning, I went to the auction day at a hotel somewhere in KL. I had my sight on particular properties both located in Cheras. I was there very early about 9am and to be frank, this was my first time attending an auction. Anyway, since I arrived early, I had the opportunity to register early and wait for the time to bid. The bidding starts at 10.30am and I was given a number (74) and I'm bidding for Lot 10 and Lot 12. The reserve price for both properties is Rm60,000. So when the auctioner called out the lot 10 property, I was ready but I never expected that there were few other bidders who were trying to bid for the property. I told myself that I would only bid till RM65k. Hence, I lost the bid as someone bid for about RM72k. Well, that's ok. I just have to wait for Lot 12 as the location for this property is superb. Anyway, for this particular property, there were only 3 bidders including myself. Unfortunately, again, I lost the bid cause I bid till RM70k but somebody else bid till RM74k. So, that was my first experience attending an auction. I'm quite sure that I'll win a bid one of these days but for the time being, I'm going to focus on looking for good properties to buy.

Later in the afternoon, I had a game of golf with my uncles in Bukit Beruntung. My game totally sucks today as my score was almost 100. It's been quite awhile since I had this kind of score. Geeesshhh...............

In all, I don't know whether to call it a bad day or not but perhaps, I'll be a little bit luckier the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment