Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Plate...& Properties....



On Sunday night, my missus and I together with two cousins went to this place called Big Plate Western Food. I heard about this place before but never had the chance to go there. So last Sunday night, during our way to send my bro in law to his college in Shah Alam, we made a quick stop at this place. For a first-timer like myself, it was a wee-bit difficult for me to find the place, but after a few calls to my friend who went there a couple of times himself, I managed to find my way. When I first saw the menu, I was thinking to myself that it seems that foods are rather over-priced a bit. Well, for a beef burger, please expect to pay RM18. Hehehehe. However, the burger is not like your everyday burger (like OTAI burger for example), the Big Plate burger is rather huge, with lots of various vegs and salads & home-made fries. So, it's no wonder that the price is set at RM18. The burger is not excellent but it's comparable to Chilli's burger. My missus had the Grilled Chicken Salad (the salad was a lot that it covers almost the whole plate!!). A quick browse to the internet shows that somebody else has made a review on this restaurant. You may perhaps wanna go there.

Anyway, after the disappointments last Saturday, I had a quick look at lelong tips with regards to properties for auction again. As usual, I found some properties that are worthwhile to look at. After gathering all the necessary infos and stuff, I went to Cheras to have a look at the property. It's not that difficult to go there but I still lost my way to go to Taman Segar. Upon reaching the place, I can see that the place is quite buzzing with activities even though it's only 3pm. I was told that the market value for this place is about RM50k. So I decided to register myself and perhaps, see how it goes this Wednesday. Wish me luck...

Last night, I had the opportunity to look at another property located at Bandar Sri Damansara. It's just 15 minutes away from Sg Buloh so it's not that far. Upon reaching the place, I noticed that the area looks a bit gloomy and lots of foreigners. The nearest block of shops is perhaps about 150-200 metres away and there is a bus stand about 30 metres from the entrance gate. So I went to the 6th Floor and looked at the property which was an end lot flat. After looking at the surrounding area, my missus and I decided to head back home. On our way back in the lift, we had the opportunity to 'interview' a current residence who hailed from Beaufort, Sabah. He said, the demand for this place is quite high and it's easy to find tenants. I do not know whether I want to register myself as yet but let's see how it goes as the auction date for this property is on the 22nd January....

By the way, prior in attending an auction, one will need to prepare at least 5% of the reserve price of the property that you wish to bid. For example, if the reserve price is RM50,000 then you'll need to prepare a bank draft of RM2,500. Do you know that in order for the bank to prepare a bank draft, you'll be charged RM2.15 per bank draft (with CIMB)?. In addition, if you lost the bid, you need to 'cash' the bank draft at the bank that you did the bank draft earlier. And for cashing it, you'll be charged a further RM2. Banks.....huh...they are the biggest ah longs eh??....

Just to add.....earlier this morning, I went to Maybank to make a bank draft. Guess how much they are charging for it? Freaking RM5!!! Idiots!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment