Thursday, March 12, 2009

The SNAKE...Sungai Petani........

Yesterday morning, I had to rush off to Penang to settle some important accounting issue with the Penang Branch. Travelling alone on the highway is boring but managed to reach in Penang just before lunch time.

Upon reaching the office in Penang, I spoke with the staff involved in finalizing the accounts but he was being very rude and unco-operative..I was really taken aback with such reception as before this the relationship between was good. However, yesterday was the total opposite. How people can change very easily especially when there's money involved eh?

Anyway, I kept my cool and I spoke at length about the problems and I said, I'm in Penang to settle this issue once and for all and I won't bother him again.

Well, the problem was, this group (about 3-5), let me called it 'THE SNAKE'. THE SNAKE was working with us for the last couple of years. We've always had a cordial relationship with them and communication with us was very smooth. Anyway, up until late last year, their performances decline and obviously complaints kept on coming in and of course from our side, we need to perform an internal audit as well enquiries to exactly know what was happening.

Apparently, THE SNAKE wasn't happy and without informing us, they quit and joined a competitor. That was ok I think. Anybody can leave if they are not happy. What's the point of working if you're not happy right?

As far as I'm concerned, I need to close/ finalize the accounts as soon as possible. But, this people, THE SNAKE, they left everything in a complete mess that I'm lost for words in answering the questions from the auditors with regards to the Penang Branch matters. All our calls, emails fell into deft ears so I said to myself, I just go there and try to sort out the mess....





So I went to my old office, which is now houses THE SNAKE's new office under a new name. Hahaha. Like I mentioned, the discussion (was there a discussion in the first place??) wasn't smooth as I hoped for. But at the end of the day, I got the figures that I wanted. That's the most important thing.

After all that, I thought to myself, I'd be better off visiting my other branches in Sungai Petani. It's been aeons since I last went to Sungai Petani. So after a quick call to my manager, we met up in Sungai Petani. Of course, we talked about lots of things, business potentials, improvements, what nots. By the way, do you know that the nasi lemak in sungai petani costs only 0.60 sen? I had 3 nasi lemak bungkus!!!!





After a quick visit to the office, I found a rather odd looking printer in the office. It was so odd that I have to take a picture of it. Hahaha. A custom-made ink-cartride I think. Maybe it was done awhile back but I've never seen it before....




Anyway, after spending time in the office, I said to my colleague that I'm too tired to drive back to KL in the evening and so I ended up spending the nite in Seberang Jaya in a hotel called Sunway Hotel. It's a fancy hotel but I was a bit lucky that my staff managed to get a room under his wife's corporate rate. So there's a lot of savings....(it is very important to have the right network!!!)




Anyway, a wee bit tired..Just got back from Penang....I kinda miss my Kecik a lot...So I'll continue writing later...

No comments:

Post a Comment