Saturday, March 7, 2009

MRR2 on a Saturday


Earlier today, I had to go to Pandan Indah for an insurance survey. The meeting was scheduled at about 11am and I shoot off at about half past nine in the morning. I'm not that familiar with the road to that place but somehow or rather I vividly remember the MPAJ's location. Anyway, I missed the turning to Taman Shamelin as I was driving at Jln Loke Yew, so I had to make a left turn at the next exit (which means I have to use the dreaded MRR2). Upon reaching MRR2, the road was packed with cars/bikes/lorries. Geeeezzzzz..........I was a bit shocked and surprised to see soooo may cars of not moving on a highway!! Crazy....

I never expected the MRR2 to be 'this' busy especially at 10 in the morning. I think, it took me close to an hour to reach MPAJ's building. Unfortunately, upon reaching the place, I was told that the actual 'loss' had happened in Wangsa Maju/Setapak area!! So I was thinking to myself, this is just not my day and why we are not told of the exact location earlier!!?? After spending an hour in the car, and of course, searching high and low for the place, only to be told that the damage had occured in a different place. Sigh!!...

Anyway, as expected, I had to use the MRR2 again to go Wangsa Maju. It took me close to another hour as the traffic was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!! I made some few calls to the person in charge, but I can't quite understand what was he saying. (this guy is apparently a bangladeshi!!). I wasn't in a good mood as I hate being stucked in a trafic and I really wanted to finish the survey as soon as possible but in the end, I decided not to proceed.

I called him up and said that I will come at another day and leave it as that. From Wangsa Maju to Jalan Kuching, the traffic was ok. Not as bad as from Cheras to Wangsa Maju. However, upon reaching Jalan Kuching, the traffic madness starts again!! Another 45 minutes till I reached the DUKE exit.

My point here is, traffic in KL is madness!! Even for a Saturday!! I really wonder how would the traffic looked like on working days...and of course.....rainy days....

Anyway...For the last couple of days, I've been busy running around submitting new loans applications for the houses. I'm not expecting anything this time, but the point is, I'm submitting to see each bank's responses towards my application. Who knows, when I refinance my flats later, one of these banks could give me a better rate...and plus, I've made new friends along the way!!!...

Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment