Monday, March 30, 2009

New friends from jam tank

A couple of days ago, I registered myself in this forum called Jamtank. It's basically a forum about/for aspiring musicians in malaysia. It's a place where aspiring musicians meet up in the cyberspace and discuss about rock music and stuff. Kinda a cool 'place' actually. I've not had enough opportunity to read everything as yet in the forum but I did have some postings!! If I can remember correctly, I had registered myself in this forum about 2-3 years ago. That time,I wasn't an active member but had the opportunity to jam with band that I met in Jamtank.

So I guess, after 2-3 years, for whatever the reasons were, I decided to pay a visit to the forum again and have to registered myself again. I had a quick look at the 'bandstand' thread. This is the thread to look for if you're looking for some jamming kakis...

So there was this guy who apparently had the same taste of music as me so we decided to meet up and hopefully jam together when the time comes. It's been so long since I've been to a jamming session. Well, frankly speaking, I'm so bad in music but come to think of it, it shouldn't be difficult to jam Ramones songs isn't it? So last night, we had a meet up and he brought along his circle of friends which I think it's very nice of him.

If can recall their names,

elton - (ex-dust component drummer with influenced from death/black metal music. He's got himself a cool tattoos as well).

Stan -(the guy with the Dream Theater t-shirt. he wants to start-up a complicated heavy metal band and prefers mustaine to hammet).

Najib -(nice specky guy who plays the guitar).

Jay (the guy who works in KPMG. Plays drum according to the book...)

Ramin (the guy who I got to know in JamTank. Nice guy and perhaps, more or less have the same taste of music as myself...)

The nerd dude...(I can't remember his name but he looks like a nerd and plays in a band that performed in hotels, events and stuff...apparently his musical influence is jazz...)

So we talked about music,bands, the underground scene, gigs, etc the whole night. It was fun as i hadn't had such conversation for a long-long time. Maybe the last one I had was 6-7 years ago. Apparently, all of us have different taste of music and perhaps who knows we'll get to jam one of these days...

What ever it is, hope i'm not wrong in saying this, music connects people and through rock music via jamtank, I met these cool guys that I thought never existed in the land of Malaya...

Have a nice day....

No comments:

Post a Comment