Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Hamdan's trip to Perlis 2010

Last Thursday, myself together with the other 40 family members spreading from JB, KL & Kelantan went over to Perlis for our cousin's wedding. So here's the story from my perspective....

Thursday: 5th Aug 2010.


Left KL at about 730am. I checked my phone and there was a missed call by my Uncle from Batu Pahat. So I called him back and he was asking where I was. I said, I'm still in KL. Hehehehehe. He then said....'laaa...sempat tak nak main golf ni?' -initially we planned to play golf in Black Forrest later in the afternoon but nobody took the initiative to plan so every one thought the game was called off. Especially me. What do you expect lah kan? 730am still in KL and the journey to the end of Peninsular Malaysia will take around what....6 hours minimum. Anyways, the journey up north was pretty uneventful. The car was just recently serviced and I did break the law at times. Woohooooooooooo. KL to Ipoh took me about less then 2 hours.


Damnnn....Made a quick stop at Sg Perak for some snacks, refuelling, etc..etc...Continued the journey and made another stop at Gurun (I think!!). Although the drive and journey was uneventful, I found this lorry somewhat amusing. Why you may ask? Well, I just wondered, how the hell did this lorry passed the Puspakom test with the amount of smoke coming out from the exhaust...




Anyways...Can't actually remember how many times my uncle called me as they have arrived earlier and were ready to play golf. Hahahaha. We arrived safely in Tasoh Lake Resort at about 1.30pm. DIdn't had the time to properly looked at the room as I was rushing to play golf with them. Wifey was a bit pissed..(sorry sayang!!) I think I was there for only 5 minutes before I was on the road again with my uncles to play golf at Black Forest. That's another 45 minutes drive from where we were.

PLayed ok lah considering I was driving for about 6 hours non stop. To be honest, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I could as I was pretty tired towards the end of the game.


The game ended about 730pm and we had to rush back as all of us have a barbeque party by the lake Tasoh to attend. Again, wifey was a bit mad as we played till late.....Arrived pretty late as it was almost 9pm when we arrived. The food wasn't great to be honest.

No pictures were taken during the barbeque party as we were all attacked by some insects that looks like a mosquito but it's not. There are millions of them. The food was ok... The normal stuff lah...chicken, beef, lambs, hot-dogs, fruits, coffee...etc..etc....

Since I was bloody tired, I decided to head to chalet and doze off.....tired beb!!

Friday: Day 2 6th Aug 2010

Woke up very early in the morning. Felt really fresh. Put on my sneakers and straight I went for my morning jog by the lake. Seriously, it was bloody good!!

Me-still struggling to shred those pounds....

After having nasi lemak for breakfast, some of us went for a boat ride at Timah Tasoh Lake. My mom was very proud as she thought that the lake was named after her. Hahahaha. Anyway, thnx to JPS for taking the trouble in showing us around Tasoh Lake. It was an experience indeed...






Right after the boat ride, we were all entertained by the JPS staff with some seriously delicious Kelapa Pandan. The juice is so sweet and very fresh!!!



After guzzling those kelapa pandan's juice, some of us went to Padang Besar for some serious shopping. We were so absorbed with the shopping activities that we didn't bother to bring along our cameras. Hahaha. Well, I didn't do much shopping anyways but manage to get myself a nice Adidas sweater and the new Liverpool's away jersey. Hehehehe....

2 comments: