Monday, August 9, 2010

Agent Unit Trust buat hal....

For the last couple of years....2 years in fact, I've made some investments in unit trust via my EPF account. A friend of mine approached me in 2008 and advised me to invest and after much consideration and weighing the pros and cons, I decided to invest in unit trust...

Perhaps, it was my mistake of not keeping in touch with the agent or perhaps, it was her mistake of not keeping in touch with me in updating me on my investments. Perhaps, the investments were a little too low but it shouldn't be an excuse to not contacting me in the first place.

Fast forward to last week when I met my cousin who happened to be an agent as well. He suggested that I go and check to see any profits (if any) on my investments. Of course, when we talk about investments, we always want to see positive returns (is there such thing as negative returns??). So I make a call to this agent of mine and after trying a couple of times, I couldn't get hold of her. Hrmmmm....HOwever, after about 10 miss calls, I finally managed to speak to her and apparently she said she was in a meeting.

Anyway, since she was so busy, i decided to text her instead.

So here are my 'transcripts' with her:

Me: Hi XXXX. How are you? I nak tanya pasal my unit trust actually. Any updates?

Ms L: Abe...Sorry...Psl unit trust tu, I tak dapat buat any transcations coz I don't have your number. U wanna close the account?

Me: hah? what happened to all the investments I've made all this while??

Ms L: Ada lagi...just i tak buat transaction jer...i can't reach u....EPF came out w new form and need new thumb print..

Me: No profit ka?

Ms L: Not much coz to be honest the market is not good

Me: I don't wanna loose any money. I want to see you asap. Thursday nite after terawikh.

Ms L: Ok will do.

Me: Please do....


So there you go. My short communication with my agent. Previously, when she wanted to see me back in 2008, she was pleading and begging just to talk about unit trust. But I can't actually believed it when she said that she didn't have my number as I'm her client for god's sake....

Actually, it's not so much of the profit but I just wanna know what is happening to my funds that I invested. That's all. Perhaps, it was my mistake of not keeping in touch with her once in a while.

Maybe it's time for me to change agents lah. How do you expect to make some returns with an agent who doesn't have your number. That's very bad. She may need to be re-train by her agency on how to service their clients better...

To my cousin Angah, if you are reading this...please call me...free business for you......

No comments:

Post a Comment