Monday, August 2, 2010

Sometimes...life is about paying the bills...

Someone close to me was handed a letter by a lawyer earlier. Reason being.....he was reluctant to pay his credit cards bills of about few thousands for the last couple of months.... I read that letter and just shook my head....This guy said, he is least worried upon looking at the letter. I asks him so what are you gonna do about it? He said...'nothing'...hrmmmm

Another story, a friend told me that someone related to him, still in his/her late 20s has accumulated of about RM20,000 of outstanding credit card bills. That's only after a few years of working.

Yet another story, a friend of mine who used to be my classmate during my uni year, has accumulated of almost RM40k of outstanding credit card bills. He has 4 credit cards if you wanna know...

Myself, I used to have 4 credit cards before. My cc bills at one time a few years back could be somewhere around RM15k. Alhamdulillah, I settled 'em all and now I only have 2. One is for my personal insurance together with kecik's insurance and another one for personal usage (fuel & groceries) with a credit limit of RM5,000. Why RM5k? I don't need anymore than that. Plus, I had to make sure that I don't overspend on things that I do not need....hehehehe....

So, what's the point of me telling all these stories?....well...what i'm trying to say is, if we are not careful with our spending especially having more than 1 credit cards in hand, we are basically digging our own graves. We don't actually feel anything when we swipe those cards but reality kicks in when you receive the statements at the end of the month. We thought that we'll be ok just by paying the 5% minimum payment. Actually we are not. We are only joking with our ownself and buy ourself some time to pay. Who makes the money at the end of the day? Obviously the bank lah.

I remind myself everyday about not spending on unnecessary things and I still do every now and again. I like what my dad jokingly said to me about life..... 'sometimes... life is about paying the bills'. TO a certain extent, I find it very true. When you open your mails, it's either electric bills or phone bills or astro bills or credit card bills or any other bills. The mails could also be an invitation for you to buy stuff as well. Hahahahaha. Very seldom when I open those mails, there's a cheque for me. Perhaps, only one or twice if I can remember correctly.....

Anyhoos....I don't know or have any idea on how some of them are going to settle those credit cards bills. Some of the figures are quite big. Perhaps big enough to start an investment property portfolio. Perhaps, if one were to keep RM10k in ASB, he or she might get at least 5% return on that RM10k. Control your expenses my friends. That's all I can say....

Have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment