Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A trip to up north...


On Tuesday afternoon, after months of searching the 'right' tenant for my condo in Desa Melawati, I finally found a lovely couple who were deeply interested in renting our condo. So, I met up with the husband, he signed the agreement and gave me the deposit. I'm a happy man!! Wooohoooo....

After a quick coffee, I went to the bank to lodge the money and then I gave him the keys to the condo. After saying our goodbyes, I straight away make my way to the PLUS highway for my yearly branch visit to Sg Petani. Driving alone on the highways can be pretty dull but I thought the traffic was smooth. Quite strange considering it was school holiday week.

Anyhoos, I arrived at Sunway Seberang Jaya about close to 530pm. After checking in to the room, I found out that the tv wasn't working. Damniit!! So after a quick call to the room service, they then replace it with another tv. Not that I wanna watch the whole night but still, I need to watch em to catch the latest news...hehehe

After relaxing for about half an hour, I get pretty bored so I went down to the car and took out my pair of sneakers and headed to the hotel's mini gym. I was hoping I could walk or run on the treadmill but there was none. The only thing functioning was the 'bicycle'. I'm a wee bit sceptical to be on the bicycle as for the last few days, I've only done walking. Anyway, I need to sweat a little bit so I decided to cycle. And guess what, I did about 25 minutes and a total journey of about 7.8 miles (according to the mini-computer on the bicycle lah). Again, I was sweating like hell and then my knees begin to hurt. Perhaps, it's been a long time since I last do such thing and that's the reason why it hurts.

After that rather short exercise, I went to the sauna where I spent about 20 minutes. Man!!! That was an experience, It was hot and for me I think it was some form of a detoxification process. Hahahaha. My shorts was practically soaked with my sweat and I've never seen myself sweat that much.

Then, after all that was over, I went to the other room for a steam bath. I have to be frank, I can only last about 10 minutes in that room as the time goes on, I found it rather difficult to breath. Again, with all the sweat I decided to chill at the lounge area and head up to the room. By the time I reached my room, I was knackered. Maybe due to the long drive or the cycle or detoxification process, I wouldn't know.....

Later at about 8ish, my staff came over to the hotel and we had a chat over some very delicious chapati. I think, chapati is one of the safest food in the world. No cholestrol at all. Hehehe...After chatting about an hour I decided to call it a day as I have a long day the next day...

On Wednesday morning, I head down to the gym again and this time I cycled for about 35 minutes and managed to cover a distant of slightly over 10 miles. And yes, exercising early in the morning is always a good think...

After washing myself and check out, I went straight to Sg Petani for the branch visit. I had a chat with my staff about work and things in general. I thought it was a good visit and I can talk to them personally and see how they are doing. Compliance wise they are doing very well and the office is tidy. Just the way I like it. I think, it was almost 1 went I decided to call it quits as I had to head down to Ipoh to visit another branch.

Arrived in Ipoh slightly before 330pm just nice as everyone in Ipoh's office were there. It was nice to actually be there after all these years. Have to admit though, the last time I went to Ipoh office was like 5 years ago. This branch actually had several managerial changes. One character after another. Hehehe. Perhaps, I'll write about these characters later.....

Anyway, at Ipoh, a lot of concerns and issues were brought up to me and some of the things being said were settled and some of it requires further action from the head office. Unlike Sg Petani office, Ipoh's office is slightly bigger. The only drawback was their filing room. It was a total mess. Perhaps, I need to ask the filing manager to have a trip to Ipoh and show them how to file these files correctly.

After some drinks with them, I head back to KL and reached home at about 8pm. It was hectic but I thought it was worth every single mile of it. Personal relationship sometimes can be difficult but being in the managerial level, you'll just have to talk to your staff and see and hear what they want and have to say. Sometimes, they give you bigger and better ideas then you can ever imagine.... Hehehehe

I did not manage to do any exercise during the night as I was tired from all those drivng...But, will do it again and again until I reach my ideal weight which is 69kg!!!

have a good week ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment