Sunday, March 14, 2010

.......inspiration from the biggest loser....

I think, last week I posted something about me being overweight and close to become an obese. Hence, after perhaps months of non-existent exercises, I've started my own 'diet/lose weight' program last Wednesday. Nothing fancy actually. For a start, I'm gonna focus on gaining some momentum. I spoke to a friend who apparently has the experience in helping people like me who wants to shred some pounds.

Those glory years when I was a little bit younger, I was very active in sports. However, since I started working, perhaps things change and I became less and less active. Every time I wanna buy new pants, I have to buy an inch bigger. Although I realised that I was gaining weight, I was lazy to exercise.

Anyhoos, come last Tuesday when my wife and I were watching the Biggest Loser Asia. I somewhow was inspired by some of the contestant efforts. If they can do it, I certainly can.

So what I did was, I spoke to this friend of mine and seeks his advice. We both came to an agreement whereby, I need to tone down before the end of April. The last I checked, I was at 85.5kg. Hopefully, by the end of April, I can go down till about 74-73kg. That's like 5 weeks from now.

Anyhoos, like i mentioned, I started last Wednesday. It was tough although it was only a 2.5kms walk. My friend also mentioned about watching my food intake. So for now, I'll be eating every 3 hours but in smaller portion.

Have to admit though, although I only started last Wednesday, I can actually feel the difference. For example yesterday, I had a game of golf. Prior to that game, I walked for about 5.2kms. And then, in the afternoon I had a game of golf. I felt good during the game and guess what, although I've not played the game for about 3 months, I even scored better then I was playing regularly last year. Heheheh.

So far, I've covered about 25.5kms (an average of about 4.25kms per day) since last Wednesday. I sweat like a pig everytime I walk but I like it. I really wanna shred some pounds as I wanna be healthy and fit!!! It's another 5 weeks to go and I really do not know whether it can be done or not. My friend said, it can be done but I do not want to over-do it.

For this week, my plan is to continue fast-walking with a distant of about 4-5kms everyday. Perhaps, during my 3rd week, I'm gonna start to jog when ny stamina has improved.

Btw, tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I can't actually wait to see the result of my week No 1 effort. What ever the result tomorrow, I'm happy that I started as I felt good and my eating habits has also changed....

Have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment