Monday, March 1, 2010

He talks to rainbows.....


Last night, after coming home from work. I felt a wee bit tired. Maybe for the last couple of days, I've been sleeping rather late. Perhaps, about 4-5 hours of sleep. I'm a person that needs 8 hours of sleep everyday. Otherwise, I'll go apeshit!!! Hahahaha.

Anyhoos, after dinner as I lay on my comfortable bed, something struck my mind. I don't know what it is but something tells me that I'm not doing enough, in terms of my life, achievements and so forth. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. For instance, it tells me that dude, you need to buy more properties man!!...It is now March and you've done nothing....As my mind slips away, another voice keeps on telling me...you know, you could've done better doing something else....You have your investments in place and you need to think of something else....by the way, you are now overweight...do something about it....!!

Another example happened earlier today in the LRT. As I was looking through the window with the wonderful view of KL city...another voice popped in my head...it said something like this...Dude...Do you wanna stick to where you are now for the next 10 years? Of course not egget!!!

I guess, some of the questions that were ask, some of them are important questions and questions that I found it hard to answer. Perhaps, it is time to re-allign my targets and aims. Well, it is not as if that I don't have an aim but some things has just gotta wait. Waiting process is not good. I know my self and I can't stand waiting. Maybe that's the problem with some of us. When we want something, we want immediate result. Maybe, we know what we want but we are not prepared physically, mentally & financially to get what we want. Or maybe, we ask so many questions and gives too many excuses. Too many maybes ehhh.........

Errr....have I gone ''coockoo''? Am I talking to myself? Nahhhh...it's just that my ''Mr Positive'' in my brain starts talking and asks me to buck-up and get serious....Perhaps, it is also time for me to take out that piece of paper and start scribbling my plans for the next 10-20 years...Somebody asks me an interesting question about that actually. My answer is to play golf everyday without worry about anything especially in terms of work and financial....Can I achieve that? I know some people who has done it but what people see is always the end products. They don't always see the 'process' in getting things done....Sometimes, people wish they could have a nice life, big houses, nice cars, holidays and so forth. Hence, a wish will remain as it is, a WISH if we do not do anything about it....

So, it is always important to have an aim. It starts with an aim. Once u have it, your brain will start working and asks questions how do you get there, where you wanna go, etc....then comes the most important part...which is...ACTUALLY doing it. I remember an incident a couple of years ago. AFter my failure in getting my professional qualification, I kept on blaming myself and I felt sick inside. There I was, with a wonderful opportunity of working abroad and having a professional qualification, I ended coming home. Of course, I regretted it but it thought me about something pricelss. After a few years, I decided, to take up my MBA. And guess what, I passed with no repeat papers. During those 2 gruelling years, with marriage and and a kid, I manage to do it. How was that possible? I kept on telling myself that the end result doesn't matter and I just have to do it. I guess, what I'm trying to say here is, you won't get anywhere if you dwell on your past. But what matters is, just go ahead and do what needs to be done.

Sometimes, I just hate the word plan as a plan will remain a plan unless I do something about it. I now learnt that while it is important to have a plan, I try to break it up into small plans so that I know, at the back of my mind, I will achieve it little by little. Hehehehe....

So here's to life!! Enough of excuses and just gotta do it...

Have a good week ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment