Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup 2010


It's finally here. THe world cup. The most important football tournament in the world. I read somewhere that maybe a total of 1 billion people will tune in to watch 64 matches at one point or another.

I for one will be watching (not all though) and if time permits...

Mexico is my favorite time. Why? Because the play very attractive football. Pass and move. Just the way I like it. I also know that these type of play won't win them the world cup but I just love the way the play.

Who will be the champion? On paper, it could be either Holland, Spain, Brazil or Argentina. Good teams with good players all around the park.

Who will be the 'surprise' team of the world cup? It could be Slovakia, North Korea or Paraguay.

What about Ingurrland? Well, they last won it in 1966. That sums everything up. The english media always hyped the team at every world cup or any tournaments they participated in....but...the team fails to produce the final product. Hehehe...Sad...

What about teams that are expected to do well but will fall short during the cup? I guess, it'll be Portugal and France. France looked like a team of individuals. Well, what do you expect from a team who were lucky to be in tournament in the first? Of all people, Henry decided to use his hand to assist Gallas to score that goal against Ireland. (I have a soft spot for Ireland-I was there for almost 5 years or so)

Teams that I don't like. I don't like Australia. Maybe because Tim Carhill is playing. I just hate him. Hahahahahaha....

Anyways, doubt I'll be seeing the match later tonight as I gotta a game of golf early tomorrow morning. PLus, need to hit the gym so I guess, I'll be knackered and sleepy by 10pm...

Have good week ahead and enjoy the world cup...

No comments:

Post a Comment