Thursday, February 19, 2009

Outflow vs Inflow....


For the past few weeks,..I've noticed that I've been spending quite a lot of money. Perhaps, the money was spent towards buying/repairing/ paying the outstanding bills for both properties. Let's see what were the costs involve...

1) Deposits...
2) Outstanding maintenance bills (inclusive of Syabas)
3) Repairs..
4) Legal fees..

and more to come...hehehehe

As of late, I'm a wee bit short of cash that some projects need to take a back seat...But that's ok I guess. Perhaps, if you wanna do something like I did in investing in properties, you must not think of the short-term goals. That's the problem that some of us have. We want something fast but are not prepared to work on it...

Yes, I'm a bit worried when I look at my bank balance as at today, but believe me, it'll turn out ok at the end of the month. Hahahaha. Plus, the client finally decides to pay (although not all but perhaps 70% of the total due). Yey!! I'm happy!!

In saying that, let's be honest to ourselves for once. How many sources of income that you have now? Primarily, it should be one, which is your salary...what about other sources? Like Azizi Ali said, anyone in the world can be a millionaire. The key word there is CAN. But can I be a millionaire if my income entirely depending on my monthly salaries? Urmmm...let's say I'm earning RM60,000 per year. I'll be a millionaire in 16.7 years time (provided I'd save everything on the salary...and I don't take even a cent). That's not possible right? Everyone of us has got bills to pay, mouth to feed, golf to pay, bike to ride, holidays to go, etc..etc... So reaching RM1m is a wee bit impossible (for me though), if my income depend entirely on my salary....

I'm a bit lucky as I managed to start my own small trading company about 2 or 3 years back. No doubt, that I'm not making tons of money from it, but I managed to go Jakarta and Bandung to play golf, brought the missus to Cambodia for a lovely holiday....all without 'touching' my monthly salaries. I managed to get myself a nice bike as well. Hehehe..And to some extent, I have that extra cash whenever I need it. Like I said, it's not much, but based on my lifestyle, the amount is enough...hhehehehe

Without knowing it, I actually have an additional SPT (sumber pendapatan tambahan). So now, perhaps I got two sources of income. Maybe, one day soon enough, I'll write a book and perhaps it could be my third source of income. (hint! hint!) Actually, my third source of income would be the property investments that I did for the last few weeks. It's gonna take awhile for the me to see the results, but with properties, hopefully I made the correct ones!!

To be frank, the more sources of income the better!! COol!!...Now let's get back to reality, how many sources of expenditures do we have? Cars, bikes, holidays, golf, kids, education, therapy, eating out, fuel, tolls, house, rents, loans, cigarettes, bets, sales, electricity, bills, credit cards, mom & dad, adik kecik, mak ngah, pak ngah, atok, insurance, bills, ...and bills again....the list goes on and on.........Think about it boys and girls!! One source income against few sources of expenses!!

Well...it's entirely up to ourselves to determine our lives, and to a certain extent, our own finances!! If our salary is 2k, then don't live your life like you're earning 10k. The difference between a rich man and a poor man, in my own personal opinion is, the rich controls his spending efficiently and make the correct decisions and investments. While the poor man does is to hope that he will strike it rich when the time comes and spends more than what he actually earns!!

I read the news a couple of days ago, that Malaysians owes the credit card companies something like RM20 something billion!!! What does that tells us? Sad but true eh?


Have a nice day....

Note: The RM10 note is taken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment