Thursday, February 19, 2009

News...and a piece of history....

During dinner earlier, I had the opportunity to catch up the news today. Well, I'm not well-versed in the world of Malaysian politics, but I think, nowadays, everybody is thinking about it...Well..as if you don't know what I'm talking about...hehehehe

I can't help but feeling a wee bit insecure of what's going on with our country nowadays. Too many things are happening and of course, the economic epidermic is currently sweeping the whole globe...From what I heard from the news, about 80,000 peeps around the country are out jobs...That's sad....On the other side, politicians are slaughtering and slendering at each other's throats!!

In saying that, I'm glad to be born in such a fine country. We might have our drawbacks, but believe me, we are much better off then some countries out there. In my opinion though, some of us are not thankful enough. Some of us nag at every little things that doesn't go our way. We criticise at every opportunity. We condemn at people at every second possible....

Well, I think, if we wanna change something, it is always a good start to change ourselves first. Be a better person! That's my motto though. Everyday I strive to be a little bit better in what I do. And of course, I have to identify my weaknesses first!! I've always said that I wanted to improve my level of english but I never took the initiative to improve it. Well, that's one of the reasons why I decide to write in English in the 1st place...I know that my writings contains a lot of grammatical or perhaps spelling errors...but it's ok as I think, it's one of the ways I can improve my English...

I still remember during my college days in Trolak. If I'm not mistaken it was in 1995. I've always been a bad student in mathematics. To be frank, I'm so bad in it that I despise every time I see figures in front of me. However, duing the course, all of us were required to take this business mathematics subject. I hated it. In the 1st semester, I failed terribly and I felt useless. However, after a strong encouragement from my mentor, Mr Fergus Gaughran, I rough it out, spent countless hours doing the exercises and questions and alhamdulillah, I managed to get an A for that subject for the final exam. That moment taught me that nothing comes easy. If you want something, you really have to work hard for it!!

Another incident was when my dad had his heart attack in 1997. The whole family were affected and I was deeply affected by it. It affected me so much that I didn't get the required marks for me to proceed to the 3rd year of my studies. I was down and at the same time I wasn't able to focus on my studies. But, praise to Allah, I had to resit the repeat exams held during the summer holidays and walla....I passed and managed to catch a flight to Ireland....

Anyway, that's a piece of history of myself and obviously we can't change the past. As I mentioned in my earlier blogs, it is what we do now that will affect our future.....It's our decisions that matters and make sure we make the correct ones.....

If possible, try to be a better person tomorrow and you'll feel good about it...trust me...

No comments:

Post a Comment