Monday, November 29, 2010

What's in my bag....

I've been playing golf for about 2 years now. I think it was in early 2008 lah. The story was, I met an old friend of mine through YM and we chatted about golf a wee bit. And he told me that another friend of ours wanted to sell his iron sets. TO be honest, I didn't know what made me bought those irons and I did. I'm still using that faithful Titleist 804OS with me at times.


Of course, just like any other things in life, I have to start the game from the basics. I went to see a local pro at Saujana. Of course, he had taught me the basics of the golf swing, the short game and of course,...putting...

From there on...it was one heck of journey. Sometimes, I would enjoy the game but at times, the game can be so frustrating. Hehehe. I need to have a stronger mental approach lah to play the game....I tried to play at least once a week. Since I'm not blessed with endless pot of money, I would only play at cheap courses around KL. At times, I'll play at difficult courses like Sri Selangor, Danau or Impian.

Fast forward in 2010, after all that playing and seeing not one but 3 pros for the last 2 years, I'm now playing at 13 handicap. Well...that's what it says in my handicap card. I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. But, I still need to improve on my game. I hope to play 'single' before I reach 35.

Anyways, as time goes by, I've added some new/used equipment to help me improving my game. So what's in my bag currently?


Taylor Made R7 425 (Bought it dirt cheap from a friend)


Maruman Conductor Fairway Wood 3 (recently purchased for a 50% discount)


Taylor Made R5 Wood 5 -Bought it used from a friend...dirt cheap as well....


Nike CPR 22'-I can't hit long irons so this club helps me a lot in hitting 175-185 meters. (at times it can go only 50 meters...heheh) Bought it for only RM95. What a wonderful investment it was....heheh


Callaway X-Forged
Again...it was a used set. Bought it reasonably priced for a very good sets of irons. Heheheh. I only use 5i-PW so the 3's and the 4's is kept at home.


I've tried so many wedges and I found that Cleveland suits my game. Although, at times it's bloody difficult to be accurate especially when we are talking about short games (100 meters and below). I have the 52 Degress and 58 degrees with me. These 2 clubs probably costs more than my driver (R7) since I bought it new.


Odyssey 'Megatron'
A good putter with a very good deal. Bought it from a friend for a dirt cheap price again. Hehehe.

The only thing with me is...I always make it a point to play with new sets of golf balls. I'm not a fan with used balls as golf is already difficult game. I will need the help of new balls to get my game going. Heheheh. But...I'm not into those titleist Pro-V that costs RM180 per dozen type of balls. My choice would be the Noodle-Easy Distance. Costs about RM54 per dozen.


At times, I will play the E6-Bridgestone balls.



There you go. The equipments that I bring along everytime I play. Like I said....even though the handicap card states that my handicap is 13 but I'm struggling to play like a 13 handicapper. More like a 16 or 17 handicapper lah. Hehehe. Sometimes, my score was so bad that I thought of giving up the game for good...:p

Anyways....have a nice day.........

p/s: Thnx to Uncle Google for the pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment