Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Next step

Pheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........Finally, the condo has been rented out!! YEy!!!..Woooohooooooooooo

I'm a relieved man!!....

So to the boys who will be staying at my place in Ikram, welcome on board and have a nice stay!!!

Initially things were a bit slow as I only got the keys during Ramadhan. And then comes the Raya holidays. Let's see the 'chronology of events' for the condo..

25 May 2008: Payment of Deposit for the purchase of Unipark Condo

9 June 08: LO Signed

20 June 08: S & P Signed

5 July 2010: CF issued

17 Aug: Received the keys/access card from the Management

18 Aug: Inspection of the unit

19 Aug: Inspection checklist returned to the management with a few minor defects on the finishing

25 Aug: Installation of fans & lights.

30 Aug: Fans & Lights installation completed

3 Sept: Installation of grilles

16 Sept: Curtains rails installed. Condo mega clean up!!

20 Sept: Installation of kitchen cabinet

26 Sept: Potential tenant viewed the unit

27 Sept: Tenants confirmed

28 Sept: Furnitures & Electrical appliances purchased
: Received deposits & keys handover.


Ok, let's now look at the cost for furnishing up the unit

1. Fans & Lightings installation RM1500
2. Grilles RM1000
3. Curtains/Rails RM 550
4. Kitchen Cabinet RM1700
5. Electrical appliances (Fridge/Washing Machine/Stove) RM1300
6. Furnitures
-Double Decker (2)
-Single Bed (4)
-2 Door Cupboard (8)
-Mattress (8)
-Dining set (1)
-Pillow (8)
-Kitchen Table RM4100


Hence the total cost is: RM10,150
Experience gained: Priceless

I wrote about this topic when I first received a quotation from an agent in furnishing the condo. If I'm not mistaken, the quote was RM20,000. This excludes the installation of the grilles. Well, to be honest, they've included air conditioners, TV racks, study tables & 2 tier kitchen cabinet in their quotes so I guess, the difference between their figures and mine were the stuff that I've not included in my unit.

Different owners would have different preference kan, so this is how furnish my unit. If I were to be given this type of accomodation when I was a student back then, I'll be a prime minister by now. Hahahahahahaha.

Later on, I'll be meeting the tenants again for some small briefing on house rules and some other matters. Alhamdulillah, everything now is more settled down and I'm looking for my next investment..

To be frank, the said property means a lot to me & wifey as this was our first ever investment that we bought. Obviously, we'll hope for a good return in the future lah. Heheheheh.....As some always said...you must learn to walk before you can run. So I'm beginning to be a lot wiser in investment properties. Obviously, it was hard initially. It was more difficult when I had no clue in property at all when I first started. But I guess, things happened for a reason eh.....? Pelan2 kayuh maaa.....heheheh

So what's next eh?.

Have a nice day

6 comments:

  1. en azwan, how much is the rental? thinking to furnish my friend's unipark too

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many rooms?....

    if it's for a 4 bed condo, the rental would be between RM1700-RM1900....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 bedroom only.. are they kliuc students?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeap...they were all from KLIUC....u may perhaps get calls from UKM & Uniten students as well...but KLIUC is the best bet...very near to their lecture rooms...

    For a 3 bedroom, if it's a fully furnish, you may start at RM1700 for a fully furnished unit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. o.. ok.. thak you for the guidance.
    if i have the time, i will tell the story of the unipark in my blog... hehe.. if i was so pack, siaran tertunda la nampaknya... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TQ for sharing this entry..valuable info for unipark owner

    ReplyDelete