Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lepak @ Rasta

Last night, I had the opportunity to lepak with a couple of friends that I know from my school days. We lepak at a place called Rasta in Taman Tun. Nice & cosy place I must say...

Anyway, while we were talking about food, cars & golf (again!!), we saw a Lamborghini gallardo parked nearby the place. It's orange in colour. Very striking. I was admiring the car when my friend said....'I think this car belongs to a friend of his'. So we continued lepaking and chit chatting the night away. My eyes still stucked at that car. A few minutes later, a guy came over to our table and greeted my friend. I was introduced to the guy but actually I've seen him somewhere....Anyways, we talked until my friend said, that lambo belongs to the guy that I've just met....

WTF?? This guy is barely 30 years old and owns a Lamborgini Gallardo? Not just a Lamborgini, he owns an M5 BMW as well....





So we continued talking and talking. Apparently, this guy is kinda cool and very down to earth. Well, it's kinda cool to actually lepak with a guy who drives a Lamborghini to Rasta. Hahahaha. When he left, all of us were wondering just how the hell he became a multi-millionaire before the age of 30. When I was his age, I think I was still driving my Satria and was struggling to pay my phone bills...

I was told the he is a self-made multi-millionaire dealing with the marine & oil & gas industry. Dennggg...for the last couple of weeks, I've met some really interesting people lah....especially when talking about having really expensive cars!! A former classmate of mine is waiting for his Ferrari to arrive by the end of the year.... Let's not talk about the number of high profile properties that they have lah.

When I went back last night, I was thinking to myself, the path of glory 'may' seemed easy to some but for the rest, it's filled with challenges & potholes...To be frank, I really admire the guy that I met last night. Obviously, I don't know him that well, but I'm pretty sure he has done something right especially in his business that he could afford to pay almost RM20k for the road tax of the car alone.

When I woke up this morning, I felt somehow inspired. I really don't know whether it was the car or the guy that I met but something tells me that if you work hard enough, you'll be where you wanna be. I spoke about this with wifey and she told me, that we should be thankful where we are now and always strive to be a better person...(that's why I love her you know...always keep me on my toes!!...haha)

I am indeed thankful for where I am now and of course, as normal human beings, our wants are unlimited. Perhaps, it's time to get away from that 'little' comfort zone that I'm in and start exploring....

Have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment