Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just rants........

This incident happened to me a year ago. I kept it to myself when it happened but only tonight I had the urge and courage to write about.

It happened when I sent my daughter to Pantai Hospital for a medical check up. After seeing the doctor, we waited at the counter to pay for the medicine and the consultancy charges. While we were there, in front of us was a good looking couple. The husband looked very professional and presumably holding an important position in a big company. The husband was then requested by the hospital staff to fill in the form for his children. When he was filling up the form, he suddenly ask this question to the hospital staff:

If I put the race as bumi, I get special price ahh? I get discount ah? What so special?

Me and my wife were shocked when we heard at such statement. We were gobsmacked that left both of us speechless. The girl at the counter just sat there looking numb...

In fact, thinking back about that incident, I could've replied something like this : Sir, if you are not able to afford to pay the medical fees here, perhaps you could try and bring your kid to the government hospital...eheheh

To be frank, I'm a bit worried as to what's happening in Malaysia these days. Something doesn't seemed right. In fact, some of us are unable to converse in our national language. (Read it here). To me, it is very simple, if you call yourself a Malaysian, you are required to be able to converse in the national language.

Which points me to another incident when I had a brief chat with my ex-colleague. We were talking about war or something when I asked him a question.

Me: If ever, we are going to war, would you participate?'.

Colleague: No lahh...I will migrate to Australia.

Me: Why would you that?

Colleague: I gotta save myself first laaah....

My reaction....Utter disbelief. You know what happened to him now? He was asked to leave the company due to his inability to perform his job at the standards required by the company. He's even divorced and his filipo girlfriend has taken his savings away. Sad but suits him right.....

Anyway, I don't know why I'm writing all these tonight but I felt that I need to let some of my feelings out in the open. It is not my intention to belittle any race but it's just something that I wanna tell just for the sake of telling.....

Some are questioning the little privileged left to the bumis. In fact, with all the privileges that the bumis might have, they seemed to be the one whose making the all the millions. There are some of us, unfortunately are pointing finger at each other on trivial issues. Issues that are so immaterial that it shouldn't be talked about in the first place. I hope that things will get better for the benefit of our children in the future.

For now, I guess, it's about focusing on the issue that matters to us individually, which is to be a better person. For yourself, your family, your religion, your race and your country.

Allah Selamatkan Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment