Sunday, May 2, 2010

Liverpool

I think, I never write about Liverpool FC in my blog ever.

So, this will be the first time. (there's always a first time for everything kan?)

Anyways, anybody knows that Liverpool FC this season has been a 'failure'. After what happened last season, almost everyone thought the team could finally challenge MU, Chelsea & Arsenal for the Premier League. But what the hell happened?

1) Torres is constantly injured.
When he's injured, Liverpool doesn't have a decent player to 'replace' Torres. You can't expect N'gog or Babel to fill Torres's roles. Kuyt-this guys can run all day long but he scoring is not his greatest asset.

2) Steven Gerrard is not his usual self for the greater part of the season. His performances were average as compared to his standards....Maybe he's getting old and he is finally accepting that LFC will not win anything for the next couple of years

3) 2 holding midfielders
Why Rafa decides to stick with 2 holding midfielders in almost every game left me shell-shocked at times. Perhaps, even RAFA does not trust his defenders and that maybe the reason why he insist on having 2 holding midfielders in almost every game

4) Leftbacks. Problem area as Insue is still raw and Fabio Aurelio is a man made of biscuits. Perhaps, the key weakness point of the team

5) Rightbacks. Sometimes, I think Glen Johnson is not doing his role reasonably well. His 'replacement', I can't even remember the swiss guy's name. Why Rafa brought him into the squad for the last 2 seasons is beyond me as well.

6) Centerbacks. Not a solid as before. Perhaps they miss the great Sami Hyppia. Even, Daniel Agger is playing the leftback role nowadays.

6) Aquaman. Rafa, it seems has not given this guy ample time to prove his worth. He should be playing more since January.

7) Reserves. LFC doesn't seemed to have a strong reserve team. Perhaps, it's not even worth the mention. Heheheheheh

Saying it is easy as I'm just a LFC supporter 14,000kms away but what I do know is, LFC need to change in order to really challenge the likes of MU, chelsea and Arsenal. In fact, Spurs, Villa and Man Citeh has overtaken the team this season. Damniiittt!!

How Spurs and Villa overtook LFC this season is beyond me. I think, at times RAFA has got his tactics wrong. He should also start believing in his reserves players like Daniel Pachecho.

Hahaha, funny now that I'm writing comments on how LFC should play. But I guess, I'm not the only one. I would love it if they can win a cup. Be it, Champions League or Premiership or League Cup. It doesn't matter lah. But what I found about them this season is the lack of passion and motivation in winning games this season. Perhaps, that's what really lack in the squad nowadays. From number 2 last season and this season number 7. The table doesn't lie and obviously LFC is not good enough this season.

Well, as they say, there's always a next year (the utmost privilage of being a Liverpool fan). There's always a sun at the end of the night. Hope they do well next year to be in the Champions League for 2011/2012.

YNWA (you'll never win anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment