Monday, May 17, 2010

Blast from the past : Thoughts for today (27-11-08)

This morning, I had a chance to have a quick glance on the morning paper. Saw a big picture of a hotel burning and it was titled Mumbai Massacre. However, I didn't had the chance to properly read the article but upon reaching the office, I quickly went to the net and start reading about it. It was shocking and I felt terribly disturbed with the news as 100 over people are dead and some lunatics decided to seek justice in their own hands. I then wondered, how could some people, claim themselves as muslim, can act in such away that degrades the religion further. And then, I started to think, what is wrong with the world nowadays? Specifically, what is wrong with the followers of Islam nowadays? It seems that some of the negative news today are caused by muslims. For example, the recent mumbai massacre, the bali bombing incident, suicide bombers, bombing, etc. Locally, some of us here in Malaysia decided to throw their newly born child in the dustbin or worst in the drain (of which some of them are muslims), corruptions cases by high ranked personnel (of which some of them are muslims), rape (remember the girl that was raped and killed in klang?), politicians that are confrontational towards each other and can never agree on the same principal, etc...Hence I was thinking to myself, never once in my childhood that I was taught all these bad things but unfortunately these are things that occurred in our daily lives. I remembered very clearly as muslims we are taught to respect each other and be nice to each other.

With all these problems nowadays, I think, muslims around the world, we need to get back to the basics of Islam i.e the six beliefs of Islam as well as the five pillars of islam. I think, this is the only way for some of us to find peace in this terrible world. The lack of understanding or the lack of actually practising what were taught about the religion perhaps the main cause that contributes to the troubles that we hear everyday...

* I wrote this blog in 27th of November 2008. The purpose of this blast from the past is to re-post back what I wrote in my already dead-multiply account. Heheheh

No comments:

Post a Comment