Monday, April 5, 2010

Weigh-In...wk 4

TOday marked the first month of my 'lose weight' program. Hehehe. As of this morning, I now weigh 78.5kg Not bad eh?. A total loss of about 7kg todate. Do I feel any difference?

As a matter of fact, yes. A lot of difference actually. I felt good. I felt healthy and most importanty I felt fit. I now no longer sits in front of the tv during evening times. I now spent that one hour every evening walking around housing area covering a distance of more then 5kms. Met a couple of interesting people while I was walking too. Hehehehe. I try to do 8kms per day but sometimes is just difficult as in the morning I need to send kecik to playschool and then have to rush to work. How I wished I could exercise all day long. Hahaha. Exercising in the morning is the best time to loss weight and burn all those fats....

I just got to know that you actually burn the same amount of calories if you are walking as compared to running. The difference is, running gets you there faster. Hehehe. Like I always said, I'm gonna take my own sweet time and enjoy the journey of being fitter me.

Some of my friends has asked me, tak boring ka jalan satu jam? Well, I think, that's quite a tricky question to answer. I think it all points to the matter of attitude. If your attitude is wrong, you can expect to do nothing. But, if your attitude is right, I believe you can get what you want sooner or later. In a matter of fact, you could burn a total of about 180 calories in 30 minutes just by walking. Perhaps by adding up some minutes of jogging and sprints in between your walks, you could burn a lot more calories. Furthermore, I know what my objective is, so whatever it is, I hope to achieve it sooner or later.

For the time being, I'm now concentrating of cardio exercise i.e walking. There are of course a lot of exercises can be done when we are talking about cardio such as running, skipping, bicycling, WALKING and so forth. Perhaps, for this 2nd month, what I plan to do is to add a little bit of sprinting in my exercise. Perhaps, once in every 2 days I'll try to sprint for one minute. Sounds tough la pulak. Maybe I'll start with jogging first.

I read somewhere that skipping could help you burn the calories faster. I remembered I tried it once last week and it lasts only for a couple of minutes but I can feel that my heart was pumping super fast. Perhaps, I'm not fit enough to 'rope-jumping' for 10 minutes straight.

A friend has advised me to start some weight training. Of course, doing cardio is always good but to have a good and nice body shape, I need to start doing some weight training. Hrmmm...this is something that I've thought of doing but didn't have the chance of actually doing it. Perhaps, a little bit more research on this subject could help me in getting a clearer picture of doing it the correct way instead of just for the sake of doing it!!

Anyhoos, that's about it for this week. Let's see if I can shred more pounds for the next one week!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment