Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NUmbness

Earlier today I received an SMS from a good friend of mine stating that he is not well as he felt numbness on his hands and legs. So, I asked, ''what is wrong with you?''

His reply gave me the shivers down my spine. Never would I thought a guy who is the same age as me would have to go through all these. I noticed he hasn't been himself for the last 2 weeks or so. We met usually once a week and I can actually noticed the difference. The first time he was very lethargic and just keeps his head down. Perhaps, he was tired or lack of sleep something to that nature. Last weekend, he looked ok but different. And only today he told me that something is not right about him..

Obviously he went to the doctor and the good doctor said he suspects that my friend is suffering from various illnesses i.e. from kidney, diabetese, minor stroke, blockage, etc. Erkkkk....My friend said he doesn't believe what the doctor said and wants to have a second opinion. I really hope and pray he is not suffering from any of the above illnesses. I think, he's rather too young to have all that. Obviously he's having some weigh issue but who doesn't?

Anyways, the point is, we really have to take good care of our body. We must really watch what we eat and what we put in our mouth. And, at least, exercise a little bit and lead a healthy lifestyle. I'm not saying this just for the sake of saying but I guess, everyone knows the importance of having a balanced lifestyle. It took me almost 34 years before I realised that I've not been taking good care of my body. I'm glad I decided to change, not much, but to say the least, it's a change.

Of course, when we talk about change, there'll be obstacles. There will be a million reasons as to why you shouldn't do this or that. But, whatever being said, the most important thing is you gotta do it for the sake of your health and general being. At times, people that are closest to you will say something that makes you think twice in doing it.... Sometimes, you will feel bored or lazy but you just have to do it. One hour per day. That's about it. Nothing more!! Just bloody walk around your neighbourhood for just 1 hour. I'm not talking about being super-fit here, but just general health.

I really hope that he's gonna be alright at the end of the day and when he's ok I'm gonna force him to do some work out with me. Heeheh. It's tough but when you're sick, life's gonna be a whole lot tougher. With the high cost of medicine and check up nowadays, it's better to have a reasonably good health!!!

Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment