Thursday, November 5, 2009

A dreamer....

When I was a little younger...I meant when I was 20 or 22 years old, I had a dream. My dream was to make my first million by the age of 30. At that time, I can remember that I felt proud that I can say that I want to make my first million before the age of 30. But I didn't realised that I was on only saying it for the sake of saying it. Yes, it was a dream but it never materialized.

Why? What happened? I was asked by some friends.

Well, what happened was, instead of making a million, I ended having lots of 'liabilities'. Especially credit cards, and of course personal loan. I spent quite a sum of my salary on my car (rims, tyres, in-car entertainment). I even ended buying a big bike (something that I felt partially regret). Well, as they say, 1 thing led to another. I got married, but even during that period, I wasn't doing anything to make my first million. You see, I don't mind admitting, during those period, having 4 credit cards and happily swiping the cards made me felt big. But I didn't know that everytime I used those cards, I am getting closer to have bigger debts.

One fine day in November XX, I had a brief chat with a friend over a cup of teh tarik somewhere in Sungai Buloh. We spoke about our life in general and what we have achieved. Then it struck me that....geee...I nearly forget about my dream. Unfortunately, I was already in my 30s that year and still have not achieve. Even getting half a million was like too far away.

I went back home...I really gave myself a good thought about things. I mean everything. I needed some answers and needed some actions to be done as soon as possible. Hence, I have a new dream. A new aim. I might not be able to achieve my old dream before the age of 30 but I am dead focus in achieving it before 35.

I believe I can as at the time of writing this blog, I'm already more then half-way there (in terms of my assets). If I can achieve it next year, I would be super-duper happy.

As of now, I guess, I can say that I need to further strengthened my financial position. Hopefully healthier. I still need to learn more in searching for my ultimate dream which is to play golf everyday and money gets lodged in my bank account even when I'm sleeping. Hehehehe....

Oh btw,....I noticed that currently, prices of landed property in Klang Valley have increased to unbelievable prices. It's madness. That is one thing that I'm a wee bit worried about. As of now, I have yet having the urge of buying a landed property but who knows. Life's full of unexpected turns and twists....

For now, it's about playing the waiting game (which can be a little bit annoying)and choose the right one for myself. I've got lots of offers but I need to have a little patience.

Have a good week ahead...

1 comment: