Monday, November 23, 2009

a conversation..........

Earlier today, a friend called me up asking me to join him to venture into a business of supplying snooker and pool tables.

To be frank, I'm not a fan of the sport and I'm not going to lie that I really suck at playing the game, be it snooker or pool. Anyway, below were his conversation with me...

Mr R: Yo bro...how's things?
Myself: I'm good bro, how are you....?..

Mr R: Oklay, cukup makan je bro...Anyway, I got something I wanna share with you..
Myself: Ni musti MLM laaa.....

Mr R: Nope. Something else. There's this golf club, the management are looking for someone to supply them with some snooker & pool tables.

Myself:...oo..ok..carry on...

Mr R: I was thinking....perhaps, we could get into somesort of an agreement with the club to lease the stuff from us. The club mentioned that they are willing to pay RM6,000 per month for the stuff.

Myself: huh....is that so?

Mr R: But...I'm looking for an investor who willingly invest about RM30,000 for this project. I would assume that we can re-coup our investment within 6 months.

Myself: Hrrrmmm....sounds good on paper bro. Tapi, is it true that the club is willing to lease from outsiders. I would assume, for a club of their stature, they wouldn't mind investing way below RM30,000 for the stuff to be used by their members. For a club to pay (even with an agreement) RM6,000 per month for some snooker and pool tables doesn't justify their business sense.

Mr R: Maybe the management don't want any liability or maybe they have lots of money. Plus, they are willing to enter into a contract of 3+3. (which means 6 years at most)

Myself: Hrrmmmm............

Mr R: So what do you think? Perhaps, you may want some time to think it over the week. If you are interested, we can go and see the club...

Myself: Hrmmm....ok then...let me get some info with regards to this thing and let's see how it goes...



That's how the conversation ended. And then I took about 5 minutes to think over. I believe and insist that it is not economical for the club to lease the tables from someone else. It's like throwing away good money for something that is not their business focus in the first place. A golf club would focus on giving their members the utmost satisfaction which is to provide them with good golf course and good service.

That's my opinion anyways........what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. smells fishy la bro..doesn't make sense to me..i would surely let it go..there are other better opportunity out there..

    ~al_husni~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya.. nothing concrete.. tarak black&white.. baik invest ke tempat lain.. lagi best.... jeng je jenggg..

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmg fishy....saya angguk-angguk...teleng-teleng shj .....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete