Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weddings..weddings...weddings..



From Friday night till last night, my family and I were busy helping & assisting my cousin's wedding. It was a non-stop & tiring activity I must admit. I actually wondered whether both my uncle & aunt could get a good night sleep for the past 3 days!!

On Friday night, straight after work, I went back to SB to pick-up kecik and then head straight back to my mom's place. Right after maghrib, we head to ampang for the akad nikah ceremony. We only reached ampang about an hour and a half later as the traffic in MRR2 as well as pekan ampang was bad. I mean...really bad...I dread to think if I were to stay there and my office is somewhere in D'sara, I have to go through the traffic madness. It was a madness I have to confess!!

The akad nikah went quite smoothly although I didn't get to actually see the ceremony took place as I was busy talking to my uncles.

Atok was there as well. Pity her that she has to go through the traffic madness...When she arrived, she has to walk up the hill to go to my uncle's house. Which I think, it was rather tiring for her as she is not well...

The traffic was ok on the following day!! It took us about almost half an hour to reach ampang via DUKE highway. Talking about DUKE, i am somewhat happy that someone decided to build that expressway. It saves a lot of travelling time. Imagine without DUKE if you were to go UK perdana from D'sara. Either you take the Jln Kuching-MRR2 route or the AKLEH-MRR2 route. Both routes (for me) will involve heavy traffic at one point or another....

Anyways, the majlis persandingan went rather smooth as well. Everything was done according to plan. It's nice to see that my uncle's neighbours were heavily involved in the preparation of the wedding. As for me, I have to take turn in taking care of kecik. She just can't keep still and runs around the place most of the time...

After all the guest had left, the families (me included), we stayed back a little longer just to lepak2. It was then decided that I have to be the MC for tomorrow's persandingan at Istana Hotel. Huh!!! Of all the people, I wondered why I was chosen. I don't mind actually. What I have to do is just to read to bloody text that has been prepared earlier.





The next day, my mom decided to book a room at Istana Hotel. Actually, she booked 2 rooms. I have to admit though, I've never been to Istana Hotel before. I'm dead serios ok!!! Hahahah. Anyways, arrived there at about 12 or so, and after checking-in, we went up to the rooms. Again, being a first timer there, I'm quite impressed with the hotel's facilities/rooms and even the bathrooms!! very Nice!!

We went to Pavilion for lunch. There's this place called Food Republic in Pavilion. It's more or less like a food court. Only the name differ. It's very clean and lots and lots of people. Like pasar but a very high-class pasar. I met some of my friends there as well. I've only been in Pavilion once, that was like last year if I'm not mistaken. So yesterday was my second visit!! I must go out more lah!!


About 4 pm, all of us were back in the hotel for a short 'raptai' of the wedding. Being the MC, I thought I did ok but you know during family gatherings, everyone has their different opinions/directions so I just kept things to myself and just read the bloody text. I remembered my wedding 6 years ago. There were like 10 or 11 wedding 'directors'. Hahahahahahahaha....

Anyhoos, nothing exciting happen during the actual wedding. Everything was according to plan (again). I did my job quite ok except the fact that Kecik buat perangai and decided to poo-poo in the hall and said rather 'loudly' by her standards 'yaya beyakkk'...huh!!!!! Pity the missus as she has to make a few rounds to the room on the 9th floor because of kecik's perangai!!...

The food was ok I think. My uncle and aunt decide to go for a chinese course for dinner. Well, I'm not a fan of chinese food but I thought it was ok...Maybe because I'm allergic to seafood that's why I don't prefer them..heheheh

The ceremony ends at about 11 or so...and just like any other weddings, the families would wait till the guests disappears and we re-group for a family photo.

Earlier, myself and the missus decided to go home after the ceremony but both of were so tired that we decided to stay at the hotel for one night!! Hahahaha. Jadi org kaya sekali sekala tak per lah kan...hahahah

Anyways, to Aisyah, congratulations....

to gaddafi...welcome to our big family....

Here's a short video of kecik dancing to the kompang tune...hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment