Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tioman....Diving and the MAN...Part 1



Ok...where do i start?

Went to tioman for the weekend. I was supposedly to get my diver's license, but for some apparent reason, in a layman's term, I failed. That's ok I guess, not everyone can dive though and I can vouch for it...



Arrived tioman on Saturday morning and after 'breakfast' myself and 2 other 'newbies' or student head out to the sea for the water confinement process.Over there, we were thought to do some basic underwater skills like mask clearing, hovering, taking out the regulator from your mouth, neutral buoyancy and what ever else. I have to admit though, I struggled a wee bit but managed to do all the skills that were thought. I didn't like the way the 'dive instructor' teach us though. A bit rough I must say. Well...that's my opinion as we were doing it in the sea with all the wave and surge going on around us. Even to put on our fins was a struggle. Especially for me. It took about 2 hours for us to complete all the skills and the instructor said that we all have done well....






So after lunch, we were back in the sea for some more 'test'. A 200 meter swimming test, a few minutes of 'floating' test and I got to snorkel my way through to the jetty before completing the exercise. It was fun though...but nothing prepared me for the real thing...

After dinner, there was a knowledge review class. We were asked to read the book and the instructor asked lots of questions about diving. If i'm not mistaken, we have to read and understand about 6 chapters consists of scuba equipment, skills, dive management, etc..etc...The session ended about 12 midnight and believe me I was drained!!





Before I sleep, I kept thinking about the open water dive that I will do the next day. Like I mentioned...nothing prepared me for what I'm gonna face the next day....

No comments:

Post a Comment