Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reality TV

Tonight, I had the opportunity to watch a reality tv show aired during prime time. I've never been a great follower of this kind of tv shows. We know that nowadays that we have lots and lots of reality tv shows that has been aired over the local tv as well as in ASTRO.

Looking back I what I saw tonight, something deep inside me felt a wee bit sad especially when looking at the contestants. I'm not an expert and I admit that I sux in singing but from what I see in the shows, some of the contestants were so bad that it has turned into a laughing stock..

I mean, get real people, nothing in the world comes easy and becoming a singer won't give you an easy life. That's the reality of life anyway. Again, I'm not against the reality tv shows be it AF, Mentor or OIAM or whatever. After all, these shows are basically 'medium' for the tv station in increasing their ratings as well as maximizing their profits.

I do wish that these kids to re-emphasize or re-focus their life in continuous learning. Search for new knowledge. Go to grad-school or something. Education shall never be comprised as that is the ONLY key to the enhancement of self development. It's not being able to look great on TV, get many fans or whatever but what matters is to actually have some degree of knowledge to help them in the future.

Obviously, it is not me to say what is right and what is wrong but I have a strong feeling that each one of us must have the desire to improve ourselves. Always have a new aim and work hard towards it. However, if it's the aim of a person to be a singer via reality shows, good luck to them and I wish them well.

We are lucky to have lots of facilities here in Malaysia. The unfortunate thing is, we do not take the opportunities and using it for our advantage...Like i said earlier, education, shall never be compromised and that is what we as a nation must achieve in order to be a better nation...

I believe, the lack of education is the prime reason why we have so many moral and corruption problems as some people just unable to really think what is right and what is wrong..

No comments:

Post a Comment