Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Island Red Cafe...........................

A couple of days ago, I read a news with regards to this Island Red Cafe. Apparently the directors of the company were being charged of cheating a number of investors for an amount of more then RM1 million. (that's a lot of moolahh)..

Actually, this island red cafe is being run like an MLM/franchise kinda business. You eat and you get money. Wow!! You become a member and then you get some friends and families to join and get them to be a member, you can get money!! Wow!! Beautiful!! WOnderful!! Actually, the investors can be the shareholders as well. And then, the benefits seemed to be huge too.

On a personal level, I was once invited once to this cafe somewhere in Damansara by a friend of mine. Initially, I had no idea that this cafe is being run like a MLM/franchise business. Anyhoos, after I've done eating then only my friend started to tell me about the business. Ohh man. Not that I don't like MLM. I think it's one of the vehicle in generating side income, but I don't actually believe in the cafe's business concept. errr....get what i mean? Maybe, just maybe, I just don't understand what is it about anyway.

Anyhoos, like I mentioned earlier, the directors of the company now has pleaded not guilty of taking other people's money. Well, they have since collected the money anyways. God only knows what they do with the money

Talking and writing from a part-time investor's point of view, I thought, to invest in such a business concept which looks good and promising on paper requires a lot more then your normal 'consideration'. The amount involve might be small but it is still money right? You wanna invest, make sure that your investments will give some returns in the future. If no returns, then that's not investments, that's just ignorant. Hehehehe....

Back to the Red Island Cafe, i do not know whether my friend is still involve in the business but I sure wish him well!! In fact, another friend of mine got involve with this business as well but with a different restaurant/name. Never did I thought that the mamak concept kan do a-MLM....hehehe

Wanna do MLM? Go ahead and make sure you pick the right company. There are thousands out there I think but choose wisely. It's not about making your upline richer but it's about having an oppportunity to better yourself.

Have a nice weekend.

Oh by the way...Gong Xi Fa Chai to everyone.....

2 comments: