Monday, February 7, 2011

Kereta........

For the past few months, I've been an avid silent reader of Syed Akhbar Ali. I really admire his writings and the way he explain things. I wished I could write as good as him. Maybe, I should read more books from now on. Expand my mind a little bit. Hehehehe...

Anyways, recently he wrote something about the prices of car in Malaysia. I tend to agree with his argument.

First, he spoke about Honda Insight ( a hybrid car). I was approached by a Honda salesman in Giant Kota Damansara the other day. He spoke at length about Honda Hybrid, the price, the advantage, bla bla bla. The price is always a factor with me. If I can remember correctly, the price is about RM95k. Something like that lah. For 1300cc car, it's quite expensive lah kan. But, it's a honda. A good brand though....The salesman said, if I were to make my booking with him, he can deliver the car to me sometime in May 2011.

Anyway, I made a quick research about the price for Honda Insight in the United States via google, it states that the base price for such car is USD18,880. That's like RM57,000.

How come the there's a difference of about RM40,000? In short, Malaysians are paying RM40k more for the same identical cars that the Americans bought. That's like reaping our hard-earned money kan?

It's not easy to buy a car in Malaysia now eh? It's weird to know that the prices of car is bloody expensive. Are we being cheated all this while or we're just following the policies that are being set to protect the few?

My wish: please....please reduce the prices of cars in malaysia....

No comments:

Post a Comment