Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pulau 9



Went to Pulau Sembilan during the weekend.

It was a 'short' diving trip with some friends...

TO be honest, I don't even know that Pulau Sembilan existed before..shame on me eh?

Not much info can be gathered from net, but you may browse here about it.

The thing that I dread most about diving trips is the journey to the jety. It took us about 3 hours to reach Lumut town from KL on Saturday.

Decided to sleep over in a cheap hotel in Lumut called Orchard Inn or something. OK lh for RM20 per person.

From Lumut jety to the Island, it took us about 45 mins. Not the best of journey I have to admit though. The sea was choppy. I really thought that I would throw up during the 'ride'

Reached the first dive spot called White Rock. Descended till 10 meters and the visibility was so bad. Maybe about 1m-2m. There was no guide for us during the trip and were left on our own.

Intially when I checked my dive comp, my depth was at 12meters. Barely 2 minutes later when I checked, we were at 19 meters. I thought to myself that this is not good, so made a hand signal to my friends that we should level at 10 meters. Can actually feel the current is pushing us away to the open sea.

Managed to get to the 10 meter level and still the visibility was bad. We then decided to end the dive. We surfaced after the normal 3 mins safety stop. And yes...we surfaced quite far a way from the spot we descended.

Once on the boat, some of my friends threw up. Don't know whether it was the choppy seas or the not-so-interesting dive we had, but yeah...I felt sick too....hehehe

The boatman the decided that we should head to one of the island for a break and some lunch. The crew were good enough to cook us some delicious tom yam and friend fish. Ohhh...by the way, they 'caught' the fishes when we were diving at White Rock. To be honest, they can actually dive alone and spear those fishes for us.

After lunch, it was back on the boat for us, but I aborted the 2nd dive as the boatman told me that the vis was more or less the same like the 1st dive.

So nothing interesting happen there. We then went to our 3rd and last dive for the day. I decided to join the dive and was a bit regreted with my decision. My max depth during that dive was only 3meters. Vis was again very bad. It was like diving in a sea of air tebu. Hahahahaha

We went up after only 25 mins of diving. Was a bit disappointed as there was nothing much to see. Anyways, right after the dive, we head straight back to mainland.

Reached mainland about half past six in the evening. After washing our gears and mandi2, we head the road. Stopped at not-so-sedap nasi beriyani ayam madu somewhere after lumut town.

COntinued the journey and reached home at 1230 this morning!!. Hahahah

Anyways...would I go there again?....Maybe Not in the near future.

hehehehehe....

Interesting dive trip with a difference indeed....



The pics above were taken from: Ajaque

2 comments: