Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hari bersejarah.........

Hehehe...

ya ke bersejarah?

Well...to be honest...it's not a big deal at all....

What I did today was I went to Maybank and open up the new Amanah Hartanah Berhad (AHB) account for my daughter.

'Entry' fee was RM500 (500 units)

Maximum Investment is RM200,000 (200,000 units).

I'm planning to save RM100 (100 units) per month and save that amount into AHB account monthly.

During the brief conversation I had with the rather cute bank officer, I was made to understand that the dividend is given twice in a year. The dividend is projected to be at 6% per annum. So it means, 3% for 6 months.

I like what I saw in the AHB brochure. It states:

''The fund will seek to achieve its investment objective by investing primarily in the beneficial ownership of real estate in Malaysia from the Sponsor in particular commercial properties including but not limited to office buildings, shopping complexes, commercial centers, logistics and industrial complexes. The fund will also invest in Syariah-compliant money market instruments and equivalent and hold cast to meet its liquidity requirements''

TO be honest, I'm not expecting any mega returns as it is a new fund and a new investment. What I do hope is I can be discipline enough to constantly save some money into this account....Where there is no doubt that kecik do have her own education fund with Prudential, I think it's not wrong to save into something else....

I guess...it's not a sin when you are putting your 'eggs' in different baskets kan??

Maybe...the next step before the end of the year will be...setting up another Trust fund with public mutual....

No comments:

Post a Comment