Monday, July 20, 2009

Manyousss


Last Saturday, courtesy of my cousin, I received 2 tickets to watch the super-stars of Manyouss playing against the supposedly under-23 National team. Being a Liverpool fan, I'm not going to spend RM98 of my hard earned money to watch them play. As mentioned above, thnx to my cuz, jo for the free tickets. Hehehe

So, I went to the mega stadium at bukit jalil with my sister, together with my little cuz, nazmi (who happens to be jo's brother). Met jo at the Red Gate to send nazmi as they have the RM308 seats. Wow!!



The stadia was full at about fifteen minutes past five in the evening. I then wondered, would it be nice if the stadium is always full whenever the national team plays. Anyway, since it's been awhile that I last saw the national team play, I decided to get myself a nice Malaysian scarf!! It seems odd to see that there were so many Malaysians wearing the Man Utd jerseys/caps/scarf/etc but you can actually count the ones that actually wears the national colours. Talking about worshiping the west eh?



Well, being the current world club champion does have it's advantage eh? Even when the players went out for the warming up session, the fans were screaming as if they've seen God or something. Hahahahaha..

For me though, it was an opportunity to see the players that I've always seen on TV. The last time they were here was back in early 2000 if I'm not mistaken. That time, the national team was hit badly with 6 goals to nothing. Kasihan dehhh...This time, I didn't know what to expect but as the match goes on, I'm kinda impressed with the national players. At least, during the match they play with confidence. Quite different from the style of play that the national team used to adopt in the past. Even though they lost, the team played well in my opinion.

Maybe, this team should face more competitive match like this for them to grow and improve. We've been the laughing stock for so many years and it's about time someone do something about it. (Even our PM were expecting that we were to lose by bigger margin!-come on Dato' Seri, have faith in your own people will ya!!)



I'm not an expert but I do like to see our country do really well in football. Perhaps, FAM must have realistic aims for the national team to achieve. We don't have to qualify for the world cup as yet but qualifying for the ASIA cup is much important. Having said that, we should aim to be the champions of South East Asia and take it from there. The organizing structure must be solid as well as the competition committee must be firm and authoritative.

Have a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment