Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Replacing the strap

One of my most trusted diving equipment is my dive comp. It helps me to measure the time of my dives as well as the depth. Almost after every dive, I'll check my dive comp to see my dive profile i.e whether I'm ascending too fast or too slow. Basically, it helps me in improving my diving skills for each dive as each dive is different (even though you've dive the same spot but it'll different experience each time)

Prior March this year, my last dive was at Pulau Sembilan and after that trip, my D4 strap somehow 'broke' or snapped into two. Hence, with the help of cable ties, I managed to tie it back together and use it. Initially, I refuse to buy a new set of strap cause it was expensive in the first place. Hence, I kept on using it for the next couple of trips until the strap keep on snapping from one side to another and can't be used anymore. No amount of cable ties can help in fixing the straps.

So, during the Dive Expo, I managed to grab a replacement strap, which was obviously cheaper than the price available at some stores. I didn't bring the dive comp with me during the expo hence, decided to send the dive comp together with the strap to a scuba shop in hartamas. The dude told me that it'll take them 5-6 days to replace the straps as the tech-man was away in Bali and will only be back next week. I said, I can't afford to wait till next week as I wanna use it this weekend. So, he asks me to check another shop which was about 10 minutes walking distance. Hence, I went there and met the shop rep and he told me, he can't do it as he ain't got the tools. At this time, I was a bit pissed and wondering why bother opening up a shop that can't help a customer's simple and straight forward request.

I then made my way to the office and went to an old-fashion watch shop and bought some tools so that I can replace the strap myself. And guess what, the tools only costs me RM10. HAhahaha. In the end, I spent almost 10 minutes to replace 'em straps. Quite a straight forward thingy to be honest....hahaha. At times, some things you just have to do it yourselves....eh??













No comments:

Post a Comment