Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Reading.....

I've got few hobbies...

Travelling, golf, exercising, scuba diving are some of it...

But reading? Not a great fan of it since I was a boy but I do make it a point to read at least an article per day....(I know my level of English sux but I'll keep on improving hence, that's the reason for me reading an English article per day)

What about books? Well...like I said, I seldom read books but I try to read some if and when I find the correct and interesting ones...especially if it involves topics that interests me like self developments, properties, investing and golf....:P

I'm not a great fan of reading novels. I know my wife likes to read novels. I tried, but I felt sleepy after the fifth page....

I like to read golf magazines. I think, I spent about RM50 monthly buying golf magazines. Usually, I'll buy 2 or 3 magazines at the same time and finish reading it after about an hour or two after that....heheheh

Anyways, went to Ikano last night to buy some groceries and managed to drag myself to the bookstore. I think, the name of the bookstore is Popular Bookstore. The first section I went to was the golf magazine section which I managed to grab 2 golf magazines..... (which I completed reading before I dozzed off)

Just before I went out of the bookstore, I saw a book written by Tun Mahathir titled 'A Doctor in the house'. It costs about RM100. Thought of buying it but for some strange reason I put it back.
Maybe, it's because I'm currently reading 'Awaken the sleeping giant within-by Anthony Robbins'. The book was given to me from a gentleman who is also a succesful Amway distributor in 2004.

I know I should have start reading it ages ago but only started reading it last Sunday. Since Sunday, I think I've managed to read about 100 pages. Not bad for someone who doesn't like to read kan? Hahaha. To be honest, I can't wait to continue reading it later when I get home. It's good. Really good. Perhaps, I can use some the tips given by the author for my personal development.

In fact, anything that helps me in the betterment of myself and the people surrounding me, I'll certainly give it a try!!

A few months ago, I read a book titled 'The magic of thinking BIG'. Another good book by a good author!! I strongly recommend this book to everyone to read and apply the magic....... and perhaps see yourself fly!!

Before I plunge myself into buying properties for investment, I purchased some books regarding the topic. In that regard, I can say that Azizi Ali's books and tips really helped me in investing the right way. I still read his books time and again to refresh my mind in investing. Although, it'll be a wee bit difficult for me to purchase another for the time being (thank you BNM!!), I may use the knowledge I gained to help some families and friends....

Anyways, back to Tun Mahathir's book. I'll definitely purchased it later when I'm done reading Tony Robbin's book. To be honest, never had this feeling of 'looking-forward to read a book' before. Strange kan? Hahahhahaha


Source of pictures: Google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment