Thursday, March 31, 2011

Diving Trip 2011

Went to Tioman (again) during the weekend.

Yup....obviously it was another dive trip....

This time, I went with my old school mates and we went to Kampung Salang. For some, Salang is the most happening place in Tioman.For me though, it was my first ever visit to Kampung Salang. If I'm not wrong, my last visit to Tioman was about a year ago. Hence, for me to come back to Tioman again was always a welcome. I used to go to Zai Tioman Dive Center at Kampung Paya (which is about 15 minutes boat ride to Salang). In fact, the last 3 visits to Tioman I had was staying at Paya Village.




Last year, I only did 2 'official' dive trips and 1 'un-official' trip to Pulau Sembilan. Quite bad huh?

Well, diving is merely a hobby for me and I can only wish that I can do more diving trips if time permits...It's kinda hard when you got so many things to do at any one time. Heheheh.

Now that I have successfully gained my Advance Open Water Cert, I might try to go for the Rescue Diver course. Let's see la if I can do that this year. I hope to go to Sipadan before the end of the year though.....

Anyway, back to the recent dive trip, I managed to do 4 dives...which I think it was ok considering the fact that I went home earlier than the rest of the group.

The vis wasn't great as you can see from my pic below. I think at most, the vis was at 10 meters. The current was strong at Tiger Reef. We needed a bouy line to descent and ascent. Hehehe.

The most enjoyable dive was at Labas. Lots of 'swim-through' which I found very interesting. If I was a newly certified diver, I wouldn't dare to go for a swin-through. Nearly the end of the dive at Labas, I felt slightly nauseated. Perhaps it was due to the 2 bungkus of nasi lemak I had for breakfast....heheheh

To be honest, I learn a valuable lesson during the last dive I had. I had a problem with my BCD. Well...not the BCD to be exact, but it was the nut that was holding the back plate and the tank. During the night dive at Salang Jetty and while we were doing the customary safety stop, I felt something strange as if, someone was pulling my tank and my regulator to the right. The dive master then came up to me and showed me a sign that there was a problem with my BCD. So I went up to the surface with him and he told me that my tank was slanting...being almost as close as being horizontal. Hence, I made my way up to the jetty and quickly look at my BCD and I realised that the 'screw and nut' that was holding the back plate and the tank was missing.

Perhaps, it was loose even before I did the night dive as I felt my tank was slightly moving during the earlier dive.

Anyway, I bought the nut and the screw at a local hardware shop near my office on Monday and it only costs RM1. Hehehehehehe. As shown in the pic below.

The original nut/screw/washer is on the right and the RM1 nut/screw/washer is on the left.

Funny eh? For a Rm1 worth of screw and nut could cost a human's life. Interesting and scary fact at the same time eh?

Anyway, I enjoyed the trip as a whole although I hated the journey to and from Tioman. Hope to be back in Tioman again later next month. Heheheheh

No comments:

Post a Comment