Sunday, August 14, 2011

A&W


I went to A&W PJ last saturday with a couple of friends for sahur. :P

To be honest, I'm not a fan of A&W but I have to say, I like the root beer float and the coney dogs. Hehehe

I think there's something magical about that particular A&W outlet. If I can remember correctly, my dad used to bring me there when I was a little boy. Fast forward 2 decades later, I think, the set up of the outlet is pretty much the same as it was years ago...

It got me thinking, how does A&W compete with the other fast foods chain eh? I would assume, it'll be very difficult for them to compete especially with McD or even KFC. The prices are on the high-side. The staff are not as joy-ful as McD's or KFC's.

The services are slow in my opinion. They only open up 2 counters at that time, which I have to wait approximately 10 minutes before my orders were taken. I would think, A&W has a long, long way to go to reach the level that they are supposed to be. Well...it's up to their management to decide though...

Nyways..I enjoyed eating away those lovely coney dogs, curly fries and drinking 'em root beer floats. It certainly brings back the memories when I was 17-19 years old again....Hahaha

I took the time to 'wiki' A&W a wee bit and I was shocked to know that there's no A&W outlet in Singapore anymore. The A&W outlet in PJ was actually opened in 1965. Hence, that makes the outlet, 46 years old....Hahahaha...





1 comment:

  1. dulu2, lps penat main bola kt padang astaka, pekena float kt A&W nih...PERGHHHH!!!...

    1 gelas kongsi 4 org...ekekekeke

    those were the days...

    ReplyDelete