Monday, May 23, 2011

The memoirs of....

Hey peeps...

It's been awhile eh?

I know I've not been updating my wee blog for quite awhile. Sometimes, I feel like writing and at times, I don't feel like doing it at all....It depends on my mood....hehehe

Anyways, I've been a lil busy for the last 2-3 weeks. On most weekends, the golf courses were my second home. Wifey's not happy about that but.....I enjoyed the games....

Last night, as Kecik was busy playing with the computer, I pick up a book from my dad's library. The title of the book is 'The Memoirs of Rashid Maidin: From Armed Struggle to Peace.

I've never been a believer in the communist ideology but I find the book interesting to read. Obviously, Mr Rashid has his own believes and views especially in the communist ideology. It doesn't matter what I think though.

I managed to complete reading the book before I went to sleep. It was only 100 pages, hence, it only took me about an hour's plus to finish reading it.

Like I said, it was a good read and it gives me the different view of what it is like to be a communist. I do not know what it is like to have lived during that era but I'm pretty sure, we won't been able to enjoy life as it is now if our government and soldiers did not go to war with them or, if the communist had their way in running the country. So to all the soldiers who fought the CPM, I would say, thank you sir!!

The communist era is an important piece of dark history of our country. It needs to be shared and taught in schools and stressed on the importance to not let it happen again...ever!!!

I have a strange feeling about what's happening in our country now though. Something tells me something is not right somewhere. It looks fine on the surface but beneath it, only God knows....

Anyways, I'm off for another diving trip this weekend. This time, I'll be bringing Kecik and wifey along. Heheheh

Have a good week......

No comments:

Post a Comment