Monday, September 14, 2009

Wake me up when September ends...

In a few days time, some of us will be celebrating Hari Raya. It's the day that some of us has been waiting for after fasting for about a month. For me though, I feel blessed that some of the things that I have plan earlier in the year, I have managed to achieved. Of course, there are some things that I haven't achieve as yet.

Since we are in September, we are actually approaching the last quater of 2009. So I believed that we should look back at our earlier plans and really ask ourselves the right questions, what have we accomplish so far? I took a great look at myself and what I've done for the last 8 months and of course, there are some things that I'm happy and there were certain things that I wished I could have done differently.

Sometimes, we need to make mistakes in order for us to move forward. Mistakes are seen as negativity but it sucks big time when it happen. Believe me, I've made a few and it bothers me every time I think of it. On the other side of the coin, mistakes can be the source of inspiration to some as we learn a lot from making mistakes. For example, about two or three years ago, I open up a company after what I believed was to be a wonderful business opportunity. It has something to do with selling coating materials. Believed me, I was blinded but the so-called opportunity that I straight away open up a company. However, with the lack of proper knowledge, the lack of networks, the lack of support and so forth, the company was headed to fail right from the start. Furthermore, the guy who introduced us the business, he wants to have an active participation in the shareholding of the company. I was a bit shocked cause he has a company of his own that 'imports' the material from the States. What he wants us to have some other company that can do the sales and marketing job for him and he does not gives us the sole rights to sell the materials (which makes things a wee bit difficult)

After a few meetings, I decided that things were not working out for all the parties and it is best left that we should go our separate ways. Now the company that was set up purposely to market and sell coating materials, is being being used by me to do a wee bit of trading. The other night after a short conversation with my little cousin, I think, if we were to give this company a real thought with clear vision and plan, things could be different. I don't know, but this is what I plan for 2010.

Anyhoos, just an update about my little girl, kecik now has an acute conjunctivities. Kesian kan? At first, my wife was having the same problem and was given medical leave of about 2 weeks. Last Tuesday I brought her to the eye clinic and a week later, I don't see much improvement of her eye's condition. And now apparently, I'm about to get it as well. Well, if I get caught with the infection, this year's raya will be a lot different. Hehehehe..



Have a good week ahead everyone.

To all, Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir & Batin

No comments:

Post a Comment