Monday, August 24, 2009

Dive Trip-Pulau Aur (15-18 Aug 09)



Date: 15th-18th August 2009
Total Divers: About 30++
Total Dives: Supposedly to be 13 but managed to do only 9

Some facts about the trip:

1) Pulau Aur is situated about 65km from Mersing


2) The boat ride took us about 4 and half hours from mersing to Aur



3) The journey to Aur from Mersing started at half past one in the morning and arrived in Aur slightly after 6am

4) Stayed at Atlantis Bay for 3 nights (Dormitory-8 to a room with a dysfunctional toilet!!)


5) THe food was reasonable and edible. A can coke costs RM2.50 and a packet of Marlboro costs you RM12 at the island.

6) No TV at the resort.

7) As mentioned, I did 9 dives altogether. Some was fun and some was not that fun


8) Had trouble sleeping due to the snoring 'ochestra' created by my dorm mates



9) During the dive number 8, I was having a bad headache. So I decided to abort the next dive.

10) Gained valuable diving lesson from some friends

11) Glad that I take up PADI Open Water certification

12) Glad that nothing or no bad incident occur during the trip.

13) Heard that in the 1980s, there were about 1000 locals residing at the island but now only left with about 100 of them. (didn't get the opportunity to visit the island's main village though)



In summary, it was a great trip and took the opportunity of having a nice little break before puasa. Heard that some of them had already plan another trip after Eid, but for me though, I just feel glad that I finally be able to join them for a REALLY fun outing.

I do have some plans in continuing my diving adventure by taking up an advanced open water course. However, that will have to wait until the time is right...

No comments:

Post a Comment