Wednesday, March 14, 2012

corrupted

I'm in a service oriented business.

I've been in the business for about 9 years now.

Year in and year out, I would say, my firm has been doing ok. Not too great....not too bad either...

But I want to improve. I believe, some if not all of my staff and colleagues, would love to improve.

We don't want to stay stagnant and wait for something to happen...

However, as we go on and try to secure more business for ourselves, we've met with a lot of challenges.

One of the challenges is our inability to 'suap' the people involve in the decision-making.

Of course, it is our very own fault in failing to get 'close' to the people involve in the decision making.

I found that to do business such business of ours in Malaysia, it's all about networks and who you know.

Your degrees, MBAs, Chartered or whatever doesn't really carry a lot of weight if you wanna secure the business

It's all about getting close and give 'em what they want.

Sometimes I felt frustrated and I felt trapped in a room with no doors.

At times, they would just say, we will consider your request and have a look at your profile. Obviously, we would never see or hear from them again.

At times, when we call to make an appointment, the answer that we get was 'we will review the panelship in bla bla bla....till that moment comes, you can submit your profile and let us review....

Now, it'll be a totally different story if we have the ability to 'rub' their backs and say....hey listen, if you could give us X amount of business, we would be happy to give you some token of appreciation.....

Sometimes, I really don't know what to do...but I'll have to keep on fighting for the sake of myself, my family and my colleagues...

Shall I follow the others and do what they do....or what?...


errrrrrrrrrr....rant over....

1 comment:

  1. 'no suap' policy is a MUST. Period. If you're a MUSLIM of course. Hehe

    ReplyDelete