Thursday, January 28, 2010

AsB...Od'd Again...



I guess, this topic has been discussed over a zillion times among bloggers who are into investments & properties. I'm no different as I'm just 'following' what some of them are doing. I do not know as to what will be the right or wrong way of doing this ASB and OD thingy as long as I know what my aims are...and of course, as long as I reach it...

Anyhoos, somewhere amongst my postings in 2009, I wrote that I would like to achieve a 6 digits savings in my ASB. WEll, have to confess though, I wasn't able to make it last year. What the heck??, it's not a race anyway but I'm super-duper happy to see that with the maegre efforts that I've done througout 2009, I managed to get it closer to that aim. The dividend was ok I think and like I said, I'm grateful that it is now in a very healthy state.

As they say, sometimes, sikit-sikit, lama-lama jadi bukit and I found out that is very true. Perhaps, I might reach my aim this year.

Having said that, I do hope that next week I can make a quick visit to PNB to get it certified and hopefully a quick dash to Maybank to top-up my OD. More OD means more opportunites to buy more properties or investments. It doesn't mean that I can go out and jolly katak but at least, having some OD does provide me with a peace of mind at some stage or another.

Well, just wanna share with you what I plan to do with my ASB and OD in a week's time. Actually, this 'way' has been discussed a couple of times in pie's blog. Anyway here goes. let's say my balance in my ASB at the year ended 2009 is RM25k. So, what I plan to do is to get RM20k certified in PNB and then pledge my RM20k to my OD account. As usual, the bank will give about 90% of the RM20k, so it'll be RM18k. Let's further assumed that I have Rm50k of existing OD facilities. So after topping up, I'll have about RM68k worth of OD facilities. In fact, why not pledge the whole RM25k amount eh?...silly me....

Here comes the million dollar question, what can I do with RM68k? Well my friends, what you wanna do with that money, it's entirely up to you as the money is yours. Just make sure you know how you wanna manage as there will interest involve if you use it. You can even top up your ASB or other investments with that money. As long as it grows!!!

Have a good weekend peeps....

No comments:

Post a Comment