Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why I wanna shred the pounds??

Weekend's coming again!! Woohoooo. What does it mean? For some, it means more time for the family and leisure. Lepaking at the mall or somewhere. For some, it also means an opportunity to hang out with friends at mamak stalls and what have you.

For me though, it's the time to increase the intensity of my own customize 'weight-loss' program. Perhaps, some of us has gotten a wee bit bored with what I'm trying to say about losing weight but perhaps this time I'll write the reasons as to why I decided to do it anyway.

Perhaps, all this while, I have to confess, I ate everything that was in front of me. Name it, pizzas, spaghettis, nasi beriyani, teh tarik, etc. Do you know for the last couple of years, I was so hooked on teh tarik that I need to drink at least 3 cups of teh tarik per day. Furthermore, after dinner, I would smoke and drink coffee.

On some very good days, I can wallop the whole pizza that I ordered from Domino's. That includes the chicken wings and garlic bread as well-I do miss it sometimes. hehehehe

Sometimes for breakfast, I ate 2 pieces of roti canai. If I'm bored with roti canai, I'll order roti planta and telur separuh masak-together with teh tarik of course. The best part was, I don't even exercise. I don't even bother to think about gaining on weights.

In short, I'm not living my life the correct way in a certain extent. My daily food intake consists of oily and fatty foods. Vegetables and fruits, I don't even bother touching them cause I hate the tastes.

My dad, had a heart problem. He went for a bypass at the age of 47 and if I were to continue my present lifestyle, I'll might get it sooner than him.

I did realised this problem that I had for quite awhile but the urge of eating nasi beriyani together with ayam madu was very difficult to refuse. Heheheh. Sometimes, we human, we love all the bad things and just plainly despise things that are good to us.

In terms of exercising, I depended a lot on golf. Well, I was actually kidding myself as playing golf does not help me with reducing any weight at all. What it did was it helped gained more weights as after the game, we would hang out at the cafe and eat mee goreng mamak till we are full..In addition, we ordered soya cincau gelas besar to make our thirst go away....hahaha....after spending a couple of hours under the hot sun, we decided to get our stomach full with those foods...ck ck ck ck ck....


Earlier this year, a friend of mine, he is of the same age as me, was diagnosed with diabetes. Huh??...a diabetic at the age of 33? Then it struck me, but still, I don't make any efforts in changing my lifestyle. I still eat those roti canai, burgers, pizzas, nasi beriyani and so forth. To make it worst, I don;t exercise. I felt sick. But the love of eating, I put up a blind eye....

Then, came the show, The Biggest Loser Asia. Have to admit that this show is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better then the stupid Akademi Fantasia show and all other related reality show. This show is about losing weight and really makes some difference to the contestant. Thank god I'm not like some of the contestant who weighed more then 100kgs. BUt I admired the desire to change their look and lifestyle.

I then took a good look at myself and that's where it all began. I said to myself, this has got to change before I become an obese just like the contestants in the show. I weighed myself and it showed that I'm close to become an obsese. I was very mad at myself as I used to be very fit and played a lot of sports. How could I become the way I am was beyond me. I was overweight and most importantly I'm not living healthily. Going up the stairs proved to be difficult as I would be gasping for air. Hahahaha

One fine Wednesday morning exactly a month ago, without any hesitation, I put on my walking shoes, I brisk-walked for the first time since aeons. It took me 30 minutes to complete a 2.5kms journey. And I felt damn bloody good. I did it again in the evening and did another 2.5kms. Wow!! I've covered 5kms in a day. And guess what.....again, I felt good!!! And yes....I've been doing that since and I've been controlling what I eat as well. The changes, although not a significant but mentally I felt good....

As of now, I have another 8kg to go. I believe I can do it but again, I'm not gonna set any targets as to when I'm gonna achieve it. I remembered when I weighed 83.3kg a couple of weeks back, I was told that the maximum weight that I should be is at 79kg. And as of today....I'm 77.9kg. Woooohoooo.....

I've been advised to start weight training and I have actually partialy begun the weight training. Tomorrow will be a full-blas weight training I hope. Like I said earlier, I know what my aims are and I'm going to enjoy the journey in achieving it....

So, for all of you who intend to shred those extra pounds you have in your body, it's never to late to change. It's not difficult but it requires effort and positive thinking. Don't think about it...just do it.......

Have a nice weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment