Thursday, August 26, 2010

Buka Puasa @ KLGCC

Last Saturday, I had a buka puasa event with a couple of my highschool friends at KLGCC. It was some sort of a reunion.

A friend of mine decided to be a good buddy after all these years and we were all there for a treat. He paid the bills at the end of the day. Thnk You so much Azahan.

It was nice to see those faces that i've not seen since 1994. Some has grown in belly sizes and some were pretty much the same. Of course, we made jokes with each other just like in school. I can still remember those days when we used to tease each other by calling their father's name istead of their names. Hehehehe

Anyways, during the buka puasa, I realised that, some of us doesn't really appreciate the meaning of fasting during ramadhan. As far as I'm concerned, buka puasa is not an excuse to eat like a horse. That night, I saw this guy with his plate full of rice, chickens, lambs, satay, etc...etc.. As if he has not tastes any food since his mother gave birth to him. I do understand that it is not cheap to eat at such places but do you think that all of us should wallop all the foods even before the azan maghrib ends?

I made my way to the surau after having a drink and some dates. When I was there, there were only a handful of jemaah. Not that many if you consider the amount of people having the gala time eating by the pool....When I returned, I was a bit shock to see that some of the foods has finished and some of the tray were empty..... and people were still lining up at the food stalls for the foods....

I guess, food business must be really thriving during ramadhan eh? If I can remember correctly, the price for buka puasa at KLGCC is about RM65. Do you think that you can actually eat RM65 worth of food? I certainly don't think that I ate worth RM65. Maybe RM15. Hahahahah.....

Anyways, we should be grateful that we have all the options on where and what to eat for buka puasa in Malaysia. In fact, the choice is limitless. Maybe, it would be good if we could take some time and think that some of our brothers and sisters out there in the world would kill to have the same luxury life that we have.....

I still remember the days when we were small, my dad would always bring us to some hotel for buka puasa. Not anymore since the last couple of years. I found it odd as it is better to save some money or maybe donate some of the money to the less fortunate rather then spending RM60, RM70 per person for buka....At least, we're helping them a wee bit....not much....but a wee bit....

Which brings me to a short story. When I was in Dublin, my colleague, Malcolm, he's a Christian (obviously). Do you know that every month, he donates 3% of his salary to his church. I never ask why but it is something that I found it worthwhile doing. He once said to me, God has blessed me and my life to be where I am today, so it is just right for me to give something back to God. Actually Malcolm, without him realizing, taught me a valuable lesson about life....So since that day, I try, whenever possible to donate some of my money to the mosque/rumah anak yatim. Not much but at least, I know that i've contributed something....I wish and I pray that I could do more....

Which reminds me, I've yet to pay my zakat. Will do later tonight lah....

Anyways, to the VI boys, nice meeting you guys again!!





P/S: One of my ex schoolmate now drives a Hummer H3. I've only seen the car/SUV in TV but last saturday was actually the first time I've seen it real life. And yes..I had the opportunity to sit inside it as well. It's freaking huge!!! Well...it goes to tell you that if you work hard enough in this life, all your hard work will give you something back in return....I did ask him, when is he goin to install a machine gun. Just like the US Army....Hahahahahaha....


This is not his Hummer....just a pic taken from google....:p

No comments:

Post a Comment